11 minutes ago, Frankie said:

Yip, Gerrard in his presser yesterday said there was no interest in the Bosnian players.

That might be true or just playing games but I think we'll find out over the next day or two.

My take on it is that enquiries/bids were probably made on one or both but we’ve walked away. I think that’s why he stressed “currently”. No reason to disbelieve the president of the Koljic’s club that we made a bid. Of course as the window goes on maybe we’d decide the high price we were quoted might after all be our best option so it’s not necessarily done. 

During the presser, SG was specifically asked about the Bosnian club and that Bosnian striker playing for Shkupe (?). He answered that we are not interested in any Bosnians.

Hodzic, while Bosnian, plays for Dinamo Zagreb in Croatia. Its all ifs and buts, as SG might have referred to players from the Bosnian league or clubs rather than Bosnians by nationality (ex-Yugoslav nationality is chaos, TBH ... e.g. Jelavic was a Serbian playing for Croatia, methinks). We shall see.

It was indeed Jelavic ... just checked that to see whether memory did not deceive me..

Jelavić was born in Čapljina, SR Bosnia and Herzegovina, SFR Yugoslavia and started his youth career at his local side GOŠK Gabela, which plays in the Bosnian league system. His career took a more serious turn when he moved to the nearby cross-border club in Croatia, NK Neretva from the town of Metković, managed by Branko Gutić.

... but is noted and listed as a Croatian international.

Not the this should confuse the British that much, given the various home nations and their grandpa and grandma stuff ... :ph34r: