Spiers, Lennon, Boruc and McNee ââ?¬â?? You Guys took a Hell of a Beating

I guess it wasnââ?¬â?¢t any surprise when we all read Spiersââ?¬â?¢ first ââ?¬Ë?Timesââ?¬â?¢ article today. This column warned Scottish football fans that Spiers wouldnââ?¬â?¢t have the discipline to refrain from his usual inaccurate and biased ramblings. He didnââ?¬â?¢t disappoint.

The usual signs of an unhinged mentality were all there. The usual lies were there. The usual flawed, self-opinionated rhetoric was as frustrating as it always is. The usual lack of impartiality was evident. Was there anything different from his Herald days? Not in the slightest and, my goodness, it was tedious. A paint-by-numbers course in broadsheet journalism. Why ââ?¬Ë?The Timesââ?¬â?¢ thought this appointment was a good idea Iââ?¬â?¢ll never know? Their editors are probably asking the same question tonight.

As such, what happened at Ibrox today made this particular bearââ?¬â?¢s smile even larger than normal after an Old Firm win. Once again, Spiersââ?¬â?¢ favourite ââ?¬Ë?remarkable human beingââ?¬â?¢ lost the plot. Gesture after gesture to the fans, physical assaults on Rangers players, cautions from referees eventually frustrated with his awful attitude and most importantly another average performance in terms of football. Remarkable indeed!

Importantly, we must make something clear here right away. Lennon was not, WAS NOT, subject to any sectarian chanting today. Despite certain failed sports-writers lies about why Lennon is hated ââ?¬â?? apparently itââ?¬â?¢s because he represents Northern Irish Catholicism (not very well considering his affairs, bastard child and bigotry!) - Lennon showed exactly why he is hated. Because heââ?¬â?¢s a childish and provocative clown who canââ?¬â?¢t take defeat and is unsporting in the way he carries out his work. End of. Thatââ?¬â?¢s why every Scottish football fan hates him and thatââ?¬â?¢s why Irish catholic players of the past have never had the same treatment. Of course that doesnââ?¬â?¢t fit the agenda of the Rangers haters in the media and elsewhere but itââ?¬â?¢s the simple truth.

Spiers will of course be happy that the fond send-off he requested for Lennon was evident. Chants of ââ?¬Ë?Lennon must stayââ?¬â?¢ must have made Spiers smile. I wonder if Spiers was as embarrassed as the rest of us at his typical antics.

That takes us nicely to Artur Boruc ââ?¬â?? the big Polish goalie also fond of the odd wind up and gesture. After the game he approached the Celtic end, cuddled Lennon and grabbed a ââ?¬Ë?Championsââ?¬â?¢ flag from the away support. Asking Lennon to take said banner, even Lennon appreciated this foolhardy attempt at provocation of the home fans and ignored his team-mate. Boruc ââ?¬â?? never one to use his brain ââ?¬â?? then proceeded to make his way up to the tunnel area waving the flag like he usually flaps his hand at Kris Boyd shots. Fortunately, like Lennonââ?¬â?¢s various gestures today, the Rangers support cringed at the desperate and passÃ?© effort to be controversial and largely ignored this fool

Apparently, Strathclyde Police are investigating the incident and will speak to the player. I�m sure Celtic and their fans will have their excuses ready but once again at an Old Firm match a Celtic player acts like the very idiots that the likes of Lennon, Spiers and McNee regulary ask to be removed from our stadia.

As such, it will be extremely interesting to read the papers over the next few days. Considering the complete absence of ANY discriminatory songs from the home support (I don�t think I heard the Celtic fans sing before you ask) and considering the fantastic banter emanating round the stadium, where will the critics aim their usual bile?

Will it be at Neil Lennon? Maybe Artur Boruc will be roundly berated? Considering their previous, surely, they can�t ignore these yobs again?

I think we all know the answer to that one.

I wonder if any of the 'Scottish' Journos will print that the only sectarian singing yestrday eminated from the 'Jungle Jims'? Henrick larrson, Mark Viduka, Fook The Queen and Davie Cooper (he's died) and 'Soon There Will Be No Protestants....'? Also, if you include their many pro-IRA ditties, surely someone will take them to task?

Over to you Britney.

Cammy F

I wonder if any of the 'Scottish' Journos will print that the only sectarian singing yestrday eminated from the 'Jungle Jims'? Henrick larrson, Mark Viduka, Fook The Queen and Davie Cooper (he's died) and 'Soon There Will Be No Protestants....'? Also, if you include their many pro-IRA ditties, surely someone will take them to task?

Over to you Britney.

Cammy F

no they werent cammy. there were plenty of rangers supporters doing their bit on the sectarian front too. enough of them to get us docked points next season. i was right in the middle of it.