Bristol City Pay Hefty Penalty Following Kent Loan

14 hours ago, ranger_syntax said:

I completely disagree.

I don't see why 'socio-economic change' is necessary to eliminate the loan system.

Why can't this can be done by the football authorities?

Major changes like the elimination of the loan system wouldn't stand a chance of happening or be the only change in football economc if such radical moves where afoot. For that to happen I think you'd require a major precursor regards long ovedue  soco-economic corrections.

In the forseeable, the best you could realistically do would be to lobby for further regulation and limits to be set on the loan system. 

Edited by buster.

12 hours ago, Ser Barristan Selmy said:

I'm talking about the last few years collectively. And I'd say Coulibaly has been the only clear success so far from the current lot

Looking long term, there should be much more a focus on developing our talent than other teams'. 

Haris Vučkić was successful although I don't think Gunslinger will agree.:D

11 hours ago, buster. said:

Major changes like the elimination of the loan system wouldn't stand a chance of happening or be the only change in football economc if such radical moves where afoot. For that to happen Ithink you'd require a major precursor regards lo ovedue  soco-economic corrections.

In the forseeable, the best you could realistically do would be to lobby for further regulation and limits to be set on the loan system. 

I'm finding it difficult to make sense of what you typed.  As far as I can tell you are just asserting your point without any explanation.

I'll restate the question in case anybody else can help me out.

Is there any reason why the football authorities can't eliminate the loan system?

13 minutes ago, ranger_syntax said:

I'm finding it difficult to make sense of what you typed.  As far as I can tell you are just asserting your point without any explanation.

Is there any reason why the football authorities can't eliminate the loan system?

Don't think there could be any legal reason why not. Dont see there being any appetite to do so from clubs or players though.

Players want the freedom to move same as any employee but also want to earn as high a wage as possible. If not for the loan system bigger teams would need to be more stringent with their budgets and squad size leaving players surplus to requirements and either out of work or having to accept lower salaries to get work.

SO, how exactly is the loan system NOT allowing the game to be more competitive????

How is it better for players to be sitting around, not getting games, not developing in any way.  EVERY player that we have either brought in on loan or sent out on loan will have learned and developed as a player....which can only be good for the game as a whole.

1 hour ago, ranger_syntax said:

Yes, there would be too much pressure from interested parties against such an absolute change.

22 minutes ago, Darthter said:

SO, how exactly is the loan system NOT allowing the game to be more competitive????

How is it better for players to be sitting around, not getting games, not developing in any way.  EVERY player that we have either brought in on loan or sent out on loan will have learned and developed as a player....which can only be good for the game as a whole.

Big clubs wouldn't hoover up so much of the talent at such a young age.

ie. they'd spend more time with the 'original' club.....As used to happen.

5 minutes ago, buster. said:

Big clubs wouldn't hoover up so much of the talent at such a young age.

ie. they'd spend more time with the 'original' club.....As used to happen.

but how is that making the game MORE competitive???

It simply mean more youngsters staying at small clubs, receiving "small club" training & development.

How would it help our youngsters???  Those that are not quite ready for the 1st team.....we tend to send them out on loan so that they can learn the "trade".  The fact that there is no reserve league is a major hindrance in young player development IMHO.  Players get too old for the youth, but not quite ready for 1st team - what do they do???

6 minutes ago, Darthter said:

ut how is that making the game MORE competitive???

It simply mean more youngsters staying at small clubs, receiving "small club" training & development.

How would it help our youngsters???  Those that are not quite ready for the 1st team.....we tend to send them out on loan so that they can learn the "trade".  The fact that there is no reserve league is a major hindrance in young player development IMHO.  Players get too old for the youth, but not quite ready for 1st team - what do they do???

This should be about helping the game as a whole and not just about having the young players develop with snazzy facilities and large pay packets. 

FWIW I'd look to limit/regulate the loan system more rather than eliminate it.

In it's current form, it's another tool for the large clubs to distance themselves from the pack.