FARE at game tonight!

On 05/10/2018 at 19:54, Gonzo79 said:

It's not the colour itself, compo.  The flag was clearly an attempt to wind us up (a failure because most Bears have only good things to say about the away support last night).  

Don't worry.  I'll be wearing a full SS uniform and a Josef Fritzel mask when I attend the away match in December.?

Rest assured, you won't wear it long. This is not England et al, where wearing such stuff is a good laugh every now and then.

The steward at he gate should have asked the lad with the Irish flag whether there are any Irish players in the Rapid team (which I doubt the offender would know) or whether he is Irish himself and a keen supporter of Rapid (just check out any other obvious regalia of Rapid (which said offender probably won't carry) or name at least 4 Rapid players). If he fails, take the flag off him and let him get it back afterwards. It was solely there to annoy us and should not have gotten inside the stadium. Full stop. Simple house rules of Ibrox (or any other sports venue).

FARE ... methinks this time around he/she/it was accompanied by a UEFA chap. For let's be honest here, if 30odd thousand people sing songs you don't know or hear for the first time, you won't have a clue what people are singing or understand it.* That would also hold true for the opposition and its support. So how could they be offended? If they start to whip something up based on words no-one (including FARE) has said anything about for half a decade, it reeks of an agenda. That ... and the inexplicable leniency shown to Yahoo FC and its support both in terms of sectarian songs over the past decade (in Europe and Scotland) as well as them going straight against the UEFA party-line of NOT antagonizing the opposition support by waving certain flags and political banners, or haring after their support with gusto shows FARE up for what they are. Unfit for purpose is the least I can come up with.

Yet, we should keep in mind that when UEFA done us in 2007+, it was because their own match delegate insisted on us being punished (UEFA did nothing initially), appealing the UEFA verdict and pushed it through. That lad was an Austrian (name escapes me just now), who was annoyed by the clearly audible FTP ... which, while being aimed at Yahoo FC et al, is essentially also offensive to any Roman Catholic or Pope follower. I think he couldn't care less about Yahoo FC or would have seen it their way.

* I heard Built my gallows for the first time way back in Kaiserslautern (when it was song with the correct pace) and you don't want to know what I initially understood of the words ...