Solanke to Rangers?

14 hours ago, rbr said:

Sadie going back definetly , but we aren't in the position to keep spunkingmoney on loan players, if we go for someone make it a  permanent deal then you get a player solely focused on us and not on where he might be in6 months time.

We are going to have to replace a load of players again this summer ,we need some stability , we will defiantly have bids coming in for some of our players that we don't want to lose also , we are in no position to turn down bids that start in double million figures .

You do realise that bringing players in on a permanent deal has as much chance of us "spunking money" as bringing in a loan player ?  How much would it have cost us had we brought Sadiq in permanently ?

I personally don't buy the "he is on loan so he wont be focused on us" - he knows his parent club will be watching him and if he doesn't focus on the loan club then a) the parent club will notice it and b) the loan club will have to report back to parent club.

13 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

To me it makes no sense to sell our best player mid season while we sit within touching distance of the top of the league and he's under contract for the next 3 and a half years.

The bids will continue coming next Summer and the following Summer too when he will still be under contract for a further 2 years. I can only see him getting even better in that time which can only increase the ultimate value.

Plus Gerrard has already stated he would be seriously pissed off if the board were to sell Morelos.

All of which I agree with but with one caveat.  Morelos has shown in the past when he is not happy that he somewhat downs tools (last January being the example).  If he sees an offer coming in - IMO, I can see an EPL team coming in for him - physical, applies pressure to defenders, can score, why wouldn't they ?  And if they do his head could be turned.  If his head is turned sufficiently then we need to very much consider whether we risk further unhappiness (and loss of form) or not.

He is comfortably our best player, as his cameo on the weekend proved.  He is as close as we have had in years to being an indispensable player - even at 20 million, and I know that is a LOT of money for us, I'm not convinced I would want it as we aren't nearly as effective a team without him.

One significant reason I don't think that Morelos would down tools is Gerrard.  Morelos really seems to be thoroughly enjoying playing under him, and no surprise.

3 hours ago, Gaffer said:

But I'd rather give back a loan player who has played well, than keep a bought player who hasn't.  We just can't take the same risks now so the loan market will continue to be an important part of our rebuild over the next few years.

This.  And not only this but the loan market gives you the chance to, on a short term basis, provide your team with higher quality without a massive fee.  If Kent & Ejaria were to move on from Liverpool they would go for multiples of millions, money we don't have.  So, for a season, we get to keep them and they improve our squad.  And if one or both aren't in Klopp's plans you just never know, they may enjoy life in Scotland so much for its biggest club that they may want to stay as they are getting game time and will still get paid fairly well.

40 minutes ago, craig said:

This.  And not only this but the loan market gives you the chance to, on a short term basis, provide your team with higher quality without a massive fee.  If Kent & Ejaria were to move on from Liverpool they would go for multiples of millions, money we don't have.  So, for a season, we get to keep them and they improve our squad.  And if one or both aren't in Klopp's plans you just never know, they may enjoy life in Scotland so much for its biggest club that they may want to stay as they are getting game time and will still get paid fairly well.

Agree with more or less all your posts in this. However, if we are offered 20m he goes, no argument over it. My only caveat in that would be stay till the end of the season and let’s give this year a proper go.