Last time one of these was posted the OP got a slagging, but hopefully you can all bare with it this time as it can actually show some decent info. Basically the outer limit of the circle represents the best of each stat for every midfielder in the league, so the closer to the outside his radar is, the better he is performing.

So far this shows that his number of tackles per game, pressure regains, fouls won & involvement in buildup to goals/chances has been the best in the league since joining Rangers. His interceptions, passing % and turnovers (how many times he gives away the ball) is also up there with the best. Looks like the only surprise is his successful dribbles isn't higher so far, but I suppose he isn't being asked to carry the ball a lot so makes sense really.

PAdj stands for possession adjusted in order to give a fair representation for players in teams that generally see more or less of the ball. Hope that helps. Makes for superb reading. image.gif.91b0ddef32a2877285e5bb1c0ebc9772.gif

Found this.spacer.png

Edited by BEARGER

1 hour ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

Thanks Bearger but that stat graph was giving me a headache! ??

I presume it confirms he started well? ?

I also presume it means that. I was hoping one of the smart arses on here would explain it to the rest of us. 

I think I got the 'lies, damn lies and statitistics' line trundled out every time I posted stats.

Stats are important. They can highlight the skillset of the player, what he actually does on the pitch, and how that compares to others in the league. It's one thing to watch him and think, 'Oh--he's doing well', but breaking it down like that provides a more objective overview; what exactly is it he's doing well, what's he not doing so well?

Most of the statisticians identified Kamara -- along with Docherty, actually -- a couple of years ago because he had such high numbers in certain metrics. It seems like Kamara came out of nowhere, but he came to my attention last season because of these stats. For me, the stats were a trigger to watch out for him.

Hopefully we keep looking out for these gems through their stats. 

5 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

I think I got the 'lies, damn lies and statitistics' line trundled out every time I posted stats.

Stats are important. They can highlight the skillset of the player, what he actually does on the pitch, and how that compares to others in the league. It's one thing to watch him and think, 'Oh--he's doing well', but breaking it down like that provides a more objective overview; what exactly is it he's doing well, what's he not doing so well?

Most of the statisticians identified Kamara -- along with Docherty, actually -- a couple of years ago because he had such high numbers in certain metrics. It seems like Kamara came out of nowhere, but he came to my attention last season because of these stats. For me, the stats were a trigger to watch out for him.

Hopefully we keep looking out for these gems through their stats. 

'Lies, damn lies and stats'

The result contains the two numbers that matter and dictate through what prism the rest is viewed.

Hence the manager and his coaching staff have the responsibility to make judgement calls regards the future, not the historic past.

The historic past obviously has it's relevance but it is limited and from a Joe Punter POV is perhaps best illustrated in a Fixed Odds coupon, where no matter the time spent pouring over form, etc...... more often than not, an unexpected narrative emerges to scupper the best laid line :D