Went down to Hampden today to help a lecturer with some performance testing for Queen's Park. He gave me a wee tour, out through the tunnel, into the traditional Rangers and Celtic changing rooms as well as around the various labs and warm up areas etc. Wee bit of testing and then into the changing rooms where the Queens Park boys were having an end of season talk from Billy Stark (ok so he's an ex tim). :flipa:

Loved it. If I think of anything else I'll be on to show off.

God i'm such a sad bastard, but I really loved every minute. :o

I was bored this morning so I listened to a repeat of that twat Jim Traynors call in, the first caller was quite good for a change stating what a waste Hampden can be at times and the capacity should be bigger.

He also stated why the French, Irish and Welsh have fantastic stadiums and use them both for Rugby and football but Scotland cant use Murrayfield.

A later caller came on and said he was at the UEFA final and the CL final in 2002 and both occassion were superb and the atmospheres were great.

No doubt Hampden can get a good atmosphere on occassion and I actually quite like the place but I do think they should have made the stadium a big bigger towards 70,000 especially for the likes of OF cup finals. The agrument is what happens when For example Dunfermline play Motherwell in a semi final - but they cant get 15,000 in hampden anyway so these type of ties should be played at Tynecastle etc.

Didn't think much of the view at each end when I was there for the youth cup final, but it was only about a quarter full. You're too far from the field at all parts of teh ground, but particularly at either end.

I like it - it's not perfect, but it makes a good noise and I've never had any problems with the view.

Wait until you sit near the front of one of the stands behind the goal. I've been in row A and row D for games and was shocked at how poor the view was. Obviously the SFA don't give a fuck about this as they're guaranteed their padded seats in the main stand.