Steve Bruce to Newcastle

1 minute ago, Uilleam said:

Would Steve Bruce have taken the job if a sale was imminent? 

Pretty sure new owners would have a clause saying no appointment. His Sheff Wed contract will be interesting, its likely he has a clause saying he cant go into management after resigning within a time limit which means Newcastle will have to pay up. Yet clubs are quick enough to sack managers so it works both ways. 

I was going to back Sheff Wed to go up this season with Bruce. A big club there for the taken for someone.

10 minutes ago, Gribz said:

Pretty sure new owners would have a clause saying no appointment. His Sheff Wed contract will be interesting, its likely he has a clause saying he cant go into management after resigning within a time limit which means Newcastle will have to pay up. Yet clubs are quick enough to sack managers so it works both ways. 

I was going to back Sheff Wed to go up this season with Bruce. A big club there for the taken for someone.

If anything, Ashley making an appointment indicates 'No Sale' is imminent. 

I think that any prospective purchaser (and there have been 2 or 3) will have a problem when they get under the bonnet, and assess future income streams and commercial benefits beyond those from TV  at home and abroad. 

On 18/07/2019 at 16:29, Uilleam said:

If anything, Ashley making an appointment indicates 'No Sale' is imminent. 

I think that any prospective purchaser (and there have been 2 or 3) will have a problem when they get under the bonnet, and assess future income streams and commercial benefits beyond those from TV  at home and abroad. 

Aye under the bonnet and find the number of subsidiaries of fatman.