Gers handed a warning

Guest RFC1873

Guest RFC1873

"Kilmarnock have told Rangers they'll have to pay substantially more than the £400,000 they offered for star forward Steven Naismith.

The 20-year-old is one of the hottest properties in Scottish football but after confirming a bid of £1.7million from an unnamed English club has been rejected, Killie chairman Michael Johnston has told Gers boss Walter Smith to put up or shut up."

Is this another case of the agent bumping up the price?

No doubt the wee chap is worth more than what we offered.

But, in this day & age you have to play it a little bit coy.

Unnamed ENGLISH club. Aye, right then!

What? Was the English club shy?

EDIT : Is Michael Johnston Naismith's agent??

Guest Sutton_Blows_Goats

Bumping up the price no doubts, the boy has a release clause of 1.5 mil, a club bids 1.4 mil plus 300k incentives? lol smells fishy to me.

The rumour was that it was Bristol City.... but they then denied it.

You have to be a bit coy - but if anyone at Ibrox honestly believed we would get this lad for 200k down payment and 200k a year later then they need their heads examined.

I am all for driving the best deal - but FFS that was a joke of an offer. The club should at least have made an offer whereby Killie would have to CONSIDER it. The offer made by Rangers was a waste of time and a waste of fax paper - if I were the Killie chairman I would have thrown it in the bin as soon as I could stop laughing hysterically.

It is nothing short of embarassing that this was our first offer for a player with plenty of potential.

Bumping up the price no doubts, the boy has a release clause of 1.5 mil, a club bids 1.4 mil plus 300k incentives? lol smells fishy to me.

According to the Killie chairman it is a fallacy about the release clause. So it depends on who you believe.

Guest RFC1873

That's my take on the situation. �£1.5m and the wee chap's ours.

Begs the Question of the 'why the silly offer?'

Let's not drag our heels here; that my thinking!

Lets put it this way, if we offered kilie 2 million for him, whats to say the chairman says no as a way of getting back at us over the boyd debacle?

they have no intentions of selling him to us when he starts quoting prices of players like stokes, thompson, brown etc. He's good but he's not that good.

All the same,in your own proffesion you know what's worth what,being coy is ok but not if you lose something that is worth the money, IMO i'm not really sure what the guy is worth,but WS & SDM should be experienced enough to know what the players true value is and from what i've sen of him i'd rather pay 1.5m for him than the likes of Mculloch