Gers handed a warning

Guest RFC1873

In today's market, the guy probably is worth 1.5M easily and I think he'd be a fairly low risk signing if we had to pay that. You get a player who is young, won't break the bank in wages and we could get some money back on, if not make money on him, over time.

Who knows what's actually happening behind the scenes.

The only thing I am positive about is that the way we're dealing with Scottish clubs is only going to make things much more difficult for us in the future which really isn't in our best interests.

All the same,in your own proffesion you know what's worth what,being coy is ok but not if you lose something that is worth the money, IMO i'm not really sure what the guy is worth,but WS & SDM should be experienced enough to know what the players true value is and from what i've sen of him i'd rather pay 1.5m for him than the likes of Mculloch

Totally agree McUlloch[ just doesn't excite me at all. I would rather pay a borderline fee for a young player that can bring in a profit rather than pay millions for a dying rose.

For example we wouldn't pay 6 mill euro's for Huntelaar. He is now expected to bring in 20mill. We need a manager\decision maker that is willing to take these risks not a comedian that offers peanuts

When I read the opening title I thought we were going to be warned from UEFA :)

Anyway I havent seen enough of him to say he is worth 1.5 million but I find it hard to believe he would be worth that or Arsenal would have snapped him up long ago then punted him on for a profit.

Im not saying he isnt a good player but Im not confident about taking yet another SPL player. This means we could have the other half of the "mighty Kilmarnocks" strike duo as our forward line next season - Boyd and Naismith - with Falkirks utility player as our creative player and I cant see us making an impact in Europe with that.

Id much rather be reading about trying to agree terms with Koevermans and the likes.

The better players like Ferguson, Weir, Hemdani, Hutton and possibly Darcheville will yet again make the difference between the SPL and get us a top 2 finish but we need better than this - surely we can all see that. We have Prso leaving so we should be searching high and low for an equivalent.

But Gribz... would you not also have said that Scott Brown was merely another SPL team's creative player ?

Yet by all acounts he gave the World Champions a torrid time when introduced as a sub.

I think you are being very harsh on all of these players who have yet to pull on a jersey for our club and have the chance to play at European level. Every player has to start somewhere.

Even though Beckham was on the books of Man U he had to go out and serve his apprenticeship on loan to, I think, Preston (bad example I know but you have to give these guys a chance).

And in the same post you then say that Darcheville may "possibly be a better player" - how much of him have you seen to suggest that ? His scoring record isn't that great yet it looks as if you are giving him the benefit of the doubt simply because he has plied his trade in a league other than the SPL.

Not getting at you, I just find it confusing that we give guys the benefit of the doubt who haven't deserved it (Sebo...... just for you Gribz) whilst these other so called "lesser known" players are not given even ONE chance before they have even pulled the jersey on.

Don't forget that guys like Naismith and Gow have flourished whilst playing with poorer teams. They will hopefully play better whilst playing beside better players - they will either do that or they will slide into obscurity - but if they slide into obscurity, at least in Gow's case, it wouldn't have cost us much to see if he CAN make the step up.

I think you are being very harsh on all of these players who have yet to pull on a jersey for our club and have the chance to play at European level. Every player has to start somewhere. Even though Beckham was on the books of Man U he had to go out and serve his apprenticeship on loan to, I think, Preston (bad example I know but you have to give these guys a chance).

I see what your saying in the post Craig but my point is why we have to be linked or even sign so many of the other SPL players. One or 2 is ok but a successful team needs experience and proven class. Only ever Man U have done it with youngsters but even then they had 4 or 5 world class players to play along.

And in the same post you then say that Darcheville may "possibly be a better player" - how much of him have you seen to suggest that ? His scoring record isn't that great yet it looks as if you are giving him the benefit of the doubt simply because he has plied his trade in a league other than the SPL.

Thats why I said possibly :) But he is coming from a decent european league with a not bad track record depite him not being an out and out scorer. He looked a pretty good player on the video we saw - ok thats not a good way to judge - but again thats why I said possibly.

Not getting at you, I just find it confusing that we give guys the benefit of the doubt who haven't deserved it (Sebo...... just for you Gribz) whilst these other so called "lesser known" players are not given even ONE chance before they have even pulled the jersey on.

Ive never said anything other than Sebo deserves a "chance" with a run of games. Everytime he plays he gets about 6 mins and yet still looks impressive. The guy has been unlucky infront of goal but I still get that feeling he has something to offer long term.

Im "for" giving the younger players a chance but just not half a team full. I think the likes of Lennon should have been given more first team games towards the end of last season. He is one of our own rather than taking other clubs youth.

Don't forget that guys like Naismith and Gow have flourished whilst playing with poorer teams. They will hopefully play better whilst playing beside better players - they will either do that or they will slide into obscurity - but if they slide into obscurity, at least in Gow's case, it wouldn't have cost us much to see if he CAN make the step up

Yeah I agree with this and in Gow's case I think he could be a very handy squad player for us who will get plenty time in the SPL. He still isnt the creative "gem" we are looking for but he may prove us wrong - and hopefully so as I like him as a player. His fee was also much more reasonable than anyone else even though he was coming to the end of his contract.

:)