Coefficient Tables

Scottish clubs have almost equaled last years total but you'd think the smaller clubs were going out of their way to drag the total down.  This was the same years ago when we had two places in the CL.  Obviously you don't expect them to match Rangers or Celtic but their contribution over the years has been beyond pathetic.  Kilmarnock took that to a new low this year.

Decided to have a look back at the co-efficient as it was at the beginning of the 2012/13 season when Scottish football had just decided to suicide. Scotland were in 15th position with 25.141 points.

Fast forward to the 2016-17 season when Rangers came back to the top league and lo and behold we find Scotland in 23rd position with 17.900 points.  

4 minutes ago, Briton said:

Amazing that Cyprus have climbed so high.  

Yeah -- probably because APOEL, I think, have qualified for the CL group stage for a few years on the bounce.

Edit: Just had a look: they've qualified for the CL group stages 4 times in the last 10 years, including reaching the Quarter-finals! They've had a decent showing in the Europa League too. 

3 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

Yeah -- probably because APOEL, I think, have qualified for the CL group stage for a few years on the bounce.

Edit: Just had a look: they've qualified for the CL group stages 4 times in the last 10 years, including reaching the Quarter-finals! They've had a decent showing in the Europa League too. 

I thought they must be spending a lot of money but looking at FM it doesn't seem that way.  

Going a bit OT...when I think of Cyprus I think of Colin Stein scoring 4 for Scotland in an 8-0 WCQ win.  I think he was initially credited with 5; he scored a couple in the return game as well.