But Webster hasn't played competative football for a full season, Weir and UE are getting on, so any niggles are going to take longer to heal and they will miss games.

Hendami was our most consistant performer last season, and behind Fergie, he is our best player, so why move him back to centre-half? This would have a negative effect on the midfield and the team IMO.

We will have to move players on before we can sign players - we have a wage budget so 'fringe players' like Sionko, Svensson, Papic, Sebo etc (and even players like Novo) will have to be sold (paid off :devil: ) to make way for any new signings.

We have a limited budget and no matter who WS signs, we will have fans who will rightly say that he should have used the money on different players in different positions. He, thanks to SDM is in a 'no win' situation in the transfer market at the moment.

Personally, I would use the SN money added to the money alreay offered for Ceullar to get him and use the remainder to buy David Healy from Leeds. IMO, that offers better value for money than losing Ceullar and getting SN.

Cammy F

Smith has stated we wont pay anyone off. So who's going to buy Papac.

I would have no trouble in moving Hemdani to CB for the odd game or two. Our most consistent player last year but not indispensible in mdifield especially with KT in.

I think Webster will come good with fitness. That's a gamble, but so is any signing, for example Cuellar.Also how many games did Weir miss for us? Ehiogu I accept has problems there though.

In an ideal world we'd have the funds to buy what we need, but we don't have that luxury.

Heally is almost certainly joining Sanchez at Fulham.

Imo we will have Webster, Papac and Broadfoot as ample back up for UE and DW. Infact a fit Webster would get UE's place. Svensson has shown signs of improvement in the weaker parts of his game and will hopefully improve some more. Then as I say in really unlikely and unfortunate circumstances there's also Murray and Hemdani.

I'm happy with Weir being our first choice CB, but I'd rather Ehiogu left. I think he's injury prone, too slow and not very comfortable on the ball. Problem is that there's so much up in the air at the moment that nothing's taking shape for next season, its all guesswork on our parts.

Until Cuellar's name was mentioned, I, and many others, had assumed that Weir and Webster would be the first choice pick next season, with Broadfoot and maybe Svensson being brought in occasionally to try and learn from Weir.

I think Hemdani did a good job when forced to play at CB, but only because he is so comfortable with the ball at his feet and as such, he can play himself out of trouble and make it look very easy. I do think its a waste to play him there, but as I've said before, I think its a waste to play him, Fergie and Thomson in the same midfield.

Who knows what is going to happen with certain players in the squad.

So if we can't sell players like Papic, Murray, Svensson, Sionko, Sebo, Novo et al we won't be signing anyone. Smith and Murray have said that any incomings will have to be supplimented with sales.

Looks like an even more furstrating close-season than normal then.

Cammy D

My priority would simply be a class player regardless what position he plays as we dont have enough in the squad full stop.

I cant understand the quantity of centre halfs though. Cuellar would improve what we have so id take him as we do need a long term partnership to be created.

But what about Svensson and Webster? It will depend on Svensson improving a lot but Weir could assist in that. If Webster signs then he will need a run of games so only time will tell if he is good enough.

IF we are looking at Cuellar then why on earth did we sign Broadfoot if Papac and Murray arent getting shipped out?

I quite like Ehiogu, I think he will be a better player once he gets used to the SPL - and thats takes time. But he is 34 and thats not long term.

As said Hemdani can play there but I prefer him in the midfield.

Id love to have this quantity problem if it was midfielders we were talking about.