Talking of Leeds, interesting to see what happens with David Healey - he can leave Leeds for �£400,000 as they were relegated. Not the best scoring record domestically (where he has played in different positions and sat on the bench) but a phenominal record at international level. Does he make more financial sense than over �£1M for Naismith?

Cammy F

Fulham were supposed to be close to signing Healy and there was another side linked also (poosibly Derby).

I think 400k for Healy would be a better bit of business than 1.5m for Naismith.

For what it is worth, IMO the Beasley deal has been completed and he is (rightly or wrongly) concentrating on the Gold Cup with the USA before being officially paraded as a Rangers player. The clubs have agreed a fee and we have agreed personal terms with the player.

Celluer (sp) could also become a Rangers player next week if we make a bid of over �£2M pounds for the player. Osusuna will accept an offer of over �£2M and the player has already stated his desire to play for us.

Naismyth is the most baffling deal - as far as I an led to believe, we are the only club who have put in a firm offer (in fact we have put in two firm offers). Killie are holding out for �£1M plus add-ons, we have offered �£750,00 plus add-ons which would take the fee to over �£1M depending on appearences, Scotland caps etc. Killie hold all the aces, the player is under a long-term contract and as far as they believe, if no one matches their evaluation, the player will stay. Don't be surprised if SN is still a Killie player at the start of the season.

If you remember WS first stint as Rangers manager, you will remember that most deals weren't made public until the player had actually signed. If and its a big if we are going about of business away from the prying eyes of the press, then that is a positive IMO.

Cammy F

Was worried Beasley may be to soft for the SPL, but reports of him at the Gold Cup say he's not having problems being booted round the park. Hope you're right on that one.

If we have over 2 mil for Cuellar can we spend it elsewhere. With our limited budget a CB is not a priority. We have Weir, Ehiogu Webster(probably, even if just another loan initially), Svennson, Papac, Broadfoot and Murray and Hemdani can do a job if the other SIX get injured. Get a right or left mid in with the money instead or stop scrimping on Naismith.

We can use next seasons transfer budget to get a new CB when Weir and Ehiogu move on.

The Cuellar deal is a strange one. Why are we looking at another CB? I know that Weir will be the main man next season, so I'm assuming WS is looking to have maybe 2 other CBs who will then take over the year after. But we've got hunners of them. Not sure why we're going after him when no-one has left Ibrox yet and we've got other priority signings to sort out.

As for Naismith, who knows what's going on, but if we are sticking firm over £250,000 or so, that's a totally false economy IMO. That's only 2 months of Klos' wages FFS, so get the guy signed or remove our offer.

Of course, I'm being very impatient, but its just frustrating at the moment.

We URGENTLY need a centre half - Weir and UE have been decent as stop gaps, but that is all they are. The Webster saga is destined to drag on and on and there are still question marks over his fitness and who he actually belongs to, not to mention where he'll be playing next season. Add to that he hasn't kicked a ball in earnest for close to a FULL SEASON.

Svensson has had his chance and he isn't good enough at the moment and Papic will be shipped out - that leaves us with Weir and UE - plenty of experience there, but if they get injured, we are up shit creek.

Broadfoot is untried and untested and it wouldn't be fair pinning our CL and SPL hopes on him if Weir and/or UE got injured.

Centre-half is a PRIORITY IMO

Cammy F

We URGENTLY need a centre half - Weir and UE have been decent as stop gaps, but that is all they are. The Webster saga is destined to drag on and on and there are still question marks over his fitness and who he actually belongs to, not to mention where he'll be playing next season. Add to that he hasn't kicked a ball in earnest for close to a FULL SEASON.

Svensson has had his chance and he isn't good enough at the moment and Papic will be shipped out - that leaves us with Weir and UE - plenty of experience there, but if they get injured, we are up shit creek.

Broadfoot is untried and untested and it wouldn't be fair pinning our CL and SPL hopes on him if Weir and/or UE got injured.

Centre-half is a PRIORITY IMO

Cammy F

Well as I say for reasons above I disagree. We can definitely wait a year. Right midfield, left midfield another decent striker, a creative mdifielder of Buffel doesn't buck up and back up GK and RB are greater necessities.

Well as I say for reasons above I disagree. We can definitely wait a year. Right midfield, left midfield another decent striker, a creative mdifielder of Buffel doesn't buck up and back up GK and RB are greater necessities.

So if Weir and UE get injured, you would be happy going into a CL qualifier with Svensson and Broadfoot as your centre-halves/...... jeez, that doesn't bear thinking about.

All good and successful teams are built from the back - and thanks to downsizing and PLG's shite signings every position in the team at the moment is a priority.

With Beasley and JCD signed, I think we are covered in the wide positions especially with Burke, Adam and Novo as back up.

We need a left back, a centre forward (or two), a centre-half, a keeper, a creative midfield player and 4 decent squad players

Cammy F

So if Weir and UE get injured, you would be happy going into a CL qualifier with Svensson and Broadfoot as your centre-halves/...... jeez, that doesn't bear thinking about.

All good and successful teams are built from the back - and thanks to downsizing and PLG's shite signings every position in the team at the moment is a priority.

With Beasley and JCD signed, I think we are covered in the wide positions especially with Burke, Adam and Novo as back up.

We need a left back, a centre forward (or two), a centre-half, a keeper, a creative midfield player and 4 decent squad players

Cammy F

Am I even happy with Weir and Ehiogu? Debatable. But I think we have other more pressing issues. We would be very unlucky to lose two first choice CB's at the same time. Not saying it wont happen, but that's just something you can't legislate for. How many CB's can you keep happy. It's just not realistic.

I'm not convinced we'd offload Papac and am positive Webster will be here even as an extended loan. Also, in Europe I beleive Hemdani is capable. So in the unlikely circumstance we lost DW and UE, we would have Webster and Papac and even Broadfoot for the SPL, with Hemdani if needed for Europe.

Although I disagre about needing Cuellar, your last line shows how many players we need and on our limited budget we need to save funds for those positions.

But Webster hasn't played competative football for a full season, Weir and UE are getting on, so any niggles are going to take longer to heal and they will miss games.

Hendami was our most consistant performer last season, and behind Fergie, he is our best player, so why move him back to centre-half? This would have a negative effect on the midfield and the team IMO.

We will have to move players on before we can sign players - we have a wage budget so 'fringe players' like Sionko, Svensson, Papic, Sebo etc (and even players like Novo) will have to be sold (paid off :devil: ) to make way for any new signings.

We have a limited budget and no matter who WS signs, we will have fans who will rightly say that he should have used the money on different players in different positions. He, thanks to SDM is in a 'no win' situation in the transfer market at the moment.

Personally, I would use the SN money added to the money alreay offered for Ceullar to get him and use the remainder to buy David Healy from Leeds. IMO, that offers better value for money than losing Ceullar and getting SN.

Cammy F