Glen Kamara laid the foundations at Arsenal...

3 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

At a million pounds Alfie wasn't cheap but in saying that on current form and with some of the valuations flying around it still might be considered a bargain.

£1 million for a striker is peanuts, even for us, especially when you consider he was scoring for fun in Finland too.

2 minutes ago, craig said:

£1 million for a striker is peanuts, even for us, especially when you consider he was scoring for fun in Finland too.

I don't think it was peanuts for us at the time. Prior to that we had been operating in the 200K or so market. Tav etc which of course has also been a bargain in the long term. The current squad has to be worth tens of million with Alfie potentially worth tens of million all on his own.

And that's what makes the screams of the usual suspects about a pending admin 2 following the recent financial results all the more ludicrous. At worst a single sale could cover losses then we would just have to cut our cloth to suit but there is no chance of any financial implosion. It's all many of them are pinning their fantasy hopes on which I find hilarious.

This from a forum just yesterday in relation to the improving co-efficient. I wont mention which one because you don't like them being mentioned.

So we’re all hoping for a wee administration points deduction after the two Champions League slots come available and they miss out?

?

11 hours ago, Rousseau said:

It's a fantastic story.

I think he epitomises the player profile we should be going after; young, technical, but cheap and underestimated. 

I was first made aware of him the season before we signed him; he was regularly around the top of the league in terms of stats, with his passing and interceptions especially top notch. It was just the little hint that he's able to do things that others of that level can't. 

Gerrard makes a good point about players fitting into the style of the team. He was developed at Arsenal, but then the styles at Southend, Colchester and then Dundee -- under McCann he did well, because there was an intent to keep the ball, but not the other manager(s) -- didn't really suit his abilities. 

The only thing missing from this article is the part mentioning desire , and that’s because no one but the player knows if it’s there or not , how many up and coming superstars have come and went , hundreds , thousand , yet the ones that make it have one thing in common , desire to succeed .

How many times have you heard in conversation , you should have seen such and such he was a brilliant  player  best I’ve ever seen , however now he’s working at some no mark place doing a no mark job .

Football is 75% skill , but 100% determination , and will to win .

18 minutes ago, rbr said:

Football is 75% skill , but 100% determination , and will to win .

And there are some who have all that skill and the determination to win but just can't live the life of a professional athlete. Plenty money to spend, want to spend a lot of time in the pubs and clubs getting pissed with their non athlete mates. Turning up for training hungover and unfit to train or just not turn up at all.

I suspect there are countless who have gone down that path.

1 hour ago, JFK-1 said:

And there are some who have all that skill and the determination to win but just can't live the life of a professional athlete. Plenty money to spend, want to spend a lot of time in the pubs and clubs getting pissed with their non athlete mates. Turning up for training hungover and unfit to train or just not turn up at all.

I suspect there are countless who have gone down that path.

Josh Windass is a case in point , can’t even get into a poor Wigan team , yet he undoubtedly had all the skill in the world , you only need look at the goals he scored in the train8ng videos from last year , yet looked like he didn’t have a clue when in the first team .Total waster.

4 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

I don't think it was peanuts for us at the time. Prior to that we had been operating in the 200K or so market. Tav etc which of course has also been a bargain in the long term. The current squad has to be worth tens of million with Alfie potentially worth tens of million all on his own.

And that's what makes the screams of the usual suspects about a pending admin 2 following the recent financial results all the more ludicrous. At worst a single sale could cover losses then we would just have to cut our cloth to suit but there is no chance of any financial implosion. It's all many of them are pinning their fantasy hopes on which I find hilarious.

This from a forum just yesterday in relation to the improving co-efficient. I wont mention which one because you don't like them being mentioned.

?

You in Aberdeen fan forums again ? ???

That lot are in trouble when Milne goes.

Admin 2 has zero chance this season.  King simply finds us to end of season and sells Morelos.  Admin avoided.  If it was even close which I doubt it is.

51 minutes ago, rbr said:

Josh Windass is a case in point , can’t even get into a poor Wigan team , yet he undoubtedly had all the skill in the world , you only need look at the goals he scored in the train8ng videos from last year , yet looked like he didn’t have a clue when in the first team .Total waster.

Have it on reasonably good authority (ex first teamed)... and it should come as little surprise.... that Windass was considered a very good footballer but was also the type of player who would “get a manager sacked” because he’s thick as fuck and struggles with instruction.

All part of the reason when Wenger went to Arsenal he brought in a sports psychologist called Jacques Crevoisier (who was part of Liverpool back room team when Gerrard cal takes them to the CL) and created a 100+ question questionnaire for potential new Arsenal recruits.  Didn’t pass ?  Didn’t get signed.

1 hour ago, craig said:

Admin 2 has zero chance this season.  King simply finds us to end of season and sells Morelos.  Admin avoided.  If it was even close which I doubt it is.

Apparently they will celebrate if Milne goes, he's part of the problem they're shite. He and that 'hun' McInness who also has to go then they will conquer Europe. That's how far detached from reality they are.

There is zero chance of any admin. Whatever King may be he's not a total idiot and he's not going to become Murray/Whyte by creating a shit storm then bailing out. We may be forced to reign in the spending if certain things don't come off but long term that would only effect our ability to compete in Europe.

If we were never in Europe we would still eclipse the sheep and everybody else for that matter the yahoos aside. 

9 hours ago, craig said:

Here's another reason they will be hating McInnes and demanding he be sacked. From the Record today.

Derek McInnes admits he has no hope of splitting the Old Firm for second place

Now he's simply being realistic, he knows a second place far less a first place is impossible and will remain so for the foreseeable future. But in their fantasy baa baa land they're contenders and any manager who concedes otherwise has to go.

To be replaced by, well I don't know. Maybe Harry Potter to cast a magic spell which turns their freebie squad into Real Madrid? There shall be no realism in baa baa land. 

14 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

At a million pounds Alfie wasn't cheap but in saying that on current form and with some of the valuations flying around it still might be considered a bargain.

Might?  Might?  He's scored a shed load of goals, he's the best striker we've had in years and he's been touted as being valued at £20,000,000 (and rising) and you think he might be considered a bargain?