Morelos doubt for tonight

1 minute ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

Come on. Let's calm down for goodness sake. If we are relying on Morelos to enable us to beat Ross County at home then we may as well say adios to our league chances. Defoe is a top class striker. Just make sure what's happening behind him facilitates his talents as the service to him over the last few games has been criminal. To me, that's a bigger concern than whether Defoe or Morelos are starting.  

I think its more disappointment as we really miss him given how integral he is to our preferred style of play.   We are undoubtedly a more consistent and better team with him playing.

Just now, stewarty said:

I think its more disappointment as we really miss him given how integral he is to our preferred style of play.   We are undoubtedly a more consistent and better team with him playing.

Agreed but remember we have done it this season without Alfie. The 6-1 Hibs game at Ibrox springs to mind. Defoe started that game and hit a hat trick before Alfie entered the pitch. The same goes for the 5-0 win over Hamilton. 

I just think if we establish a mindset that is effected by one or two absentees we are doomed to fail. Let's forget about the Hearts game and go and blow Ross County away. We have the players to do it. 

1 minute ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

Agreed but remember we have done it this season without Alfie. The 6-1 Hibs game at Ibrox springs to mind. Defoe started that game and hit a hat trick before Alfie entered the pitch. The same goes for the 5-0 win over Hamilton. 

I just think if we establish a mindset that is effected by one or two absentees we are doomed to fail. Let's forget about the Hearts game and go and blow Ross County away. We have the players to do it. 

I would separate that mindset of being disappointed with the prospect of Morelos being out with how we deal with playing Ross County.   Absolutely we have the players to beat County even without several other first picks.  But that doesn't detract from the way we have played in the last 3 games and why many will see the return of Alfy as a way to spark a bit of form.

7 minutes ago, stewarty said:

I would separate that mindset of being disappointed with the prospect of Morelos being out with how we deal with playing Ross County.   Absolutely we have the players to beat County even without several other first picks.  But that doesn't detract from the way we have played in the last 3 games and why many will see the return of Alfy as a way to spark a bit of form.

Fair points but I feel our failings over the last few games have been more about the effectiveness of our midfield and wide players as opposed to the merits of our strikers. Alfie undoubtedly offers something different to Defoe. No one is disputing that but the last three games are history. Let's not dwell on it and move forward with 3 pts tonight. Regardless of the personel?

Edited by BlackSocksRedTops