Myself and Mrs Cammy are just back from a great break in Munich and we took in the official tour of the Allianz Arena - home of Bayern and 1860 Munich.

Stadium tour cost us 9 Euros each and they have an 'English Tour' everyday (excluding match days) at 1:00PM. The tour takes approx 75 minutes to complete. It starts with a short film on the construction of the stadium then you are taken to various parts of the ground and visit the dressing rooms etc.

The only negative for me was the fact that you aren't allowed out the tunnel and onto pitch side.

Bayern now own the stadium and 1860 pay rent to use the stadium so as you would expect, the tour and details favour Bayern. We chose to visit and purchase merchindise from the 1860 shop!!

If you are in Munich, I would recommend the tour - there is a train station 5 minutes walk from the arena

Cammy F

Bayern now own the stadium and 1860 pay rent to use the stadium so as you would expect, the tour and details favour Bayern. We chose to visit and purchase merchindise from the 1860 shop!!

Haha, like it Cammy. A wee GIRUY aimed at Bayern Munich. :flipa:

Haha, like it Cammy. A wee GIRUY aimed at Bayern Munich. :flipa:

The tour guide we got must have had 1860 leanings as well as she referred to Bayern as FC Hollywood at least 4 times and stated that they like to show off how much money they have to 'visitors'.

Also, 1860 are referred to as 'The Blues' so that kinda swung it!! Purchased a cracking retro top that is identical to the Argintinian top...!!

Meant to say that Bayern fans have been given part of the stadium dedicated to a 'fans museum' - this is worth a visit with some very dody German fgashion on display along with some brilliant photos of Bayern fans displays etc

Cammy F

Sounds good at the stadium looks fantastic. Toured Nou Camp and thought it was a very good tour, got a picture taken with my bro holding a replica of the Champions League.

Anyway one else done the Nou Camp

Sounds good at the stadium looks fantastic. Toured Nou Camp and thought it was a very good tour, got a picture taken with my bro holding a replica of the Champions League.

Anyway one else done the Nou Camp

Done it years ago when they had quite a few references to Rangers - photos of our European triumph along with us being invited back the year after to play in their anniversary tourniment

Cammy F

9 Euro's is pretty cheap aswell, IIRC thats cheaper than the Nou Camp.

Any Pics Cammy?? It looks a cracking stadium on TV.

Why did 1860 decide to rent, did they not get a chance to own half?

I've done the Nou Camp and the Olympic Stadium (Espanyol play there) in Barcelona. I was expecting the Olympic Stadium to br immense seeing at the 1992 Olympics were there but it was a dive! The Nou Camp was weird. When you see it on TV you're expecting it to be huge but it wasn't. Obviously the stands are huge but the playing surface wasn't! Hard to describe.

9 Euro's is pretty cheap aswell, IIRC thats cheaper than the Nou Camp.

Any Pics Cammy?? It looks a cracking stadium on TV.

Why did 1860 decide to rent, did they not get a chance to own half?

Have some pics and will upload later...

The two Munich teams went halfers on the new stadium and planned to recoupt the money thro hospitality. One entire tier of one stand is for hospitality and Bayern have sold these out every season and have a waiting list.

1860 were relegated after their first season in the arena and can not get investment. So Bayern paid for their share and now own the stadium and 1860 rent.

Ticket prices for Bayern start at 20 Euros and reach anything up to 50 Euros for the best seats. 1860 start at 15 Euros and reach 35 Euros for the best seats.

There is also a standing area behind one goal (the Bayern end) that is used for domestic games.

Cammy F

That's reasonable prices for the tickets.

Yeah, the whole set up sounds like its got common sense behind it - German efficiency!!!

And then some of the SPL trash want 20 quid a ticket to see them play other trash :confused: