[FT] Hearts 1 - 0 Rangers

Obviously, if one takes a step back, our current crisis is also pending on the Scum`s unbeaten run after the turn of the year. We saw similar stuff during our first season back, when they simply brushed aside anything in Scotland due to having a vastly superior and expensive squad compared to anyone else. We clawed some way back in that regard, but they still can outmuscle us in terms of people they sign. Obviously, the child abuse stuff may hamper them in days to come ... even though I only believe that when it has happened.

This should not deviate from our comparatively poor form, but these are also factors that are out there, much like the refereeing blunders that hampered us all season. Nonetheless, we should bring our house in order first and foremost.

IF both Tav and Hagi are playing Tav should be ORDERED to shy away from free kicks/corners as he no longer has the wherewithal to do so efficiently and Hagi be taker.After all in videos of him he has a real talent in this.

I know mathematically the league is not lost but SG should do some tinkering with squad and formations ahead of next season.

14 hours ago, der Berliner said:

It would be a start to give people roles on the field of play and they stick to it. Far too often Arfield, Aribo and Kent are all over the place, appear here and there and no-one is actually pulling the strings or knowing where he would find these chaps.

Hagi is a clever ball distributor with some attacking skill. He needs someone for protection too, but if you then have a couple of strikers and two real wingers that he can aim at, we should be getting some rewards.

For Wednesday, I'd go ...

McGregor

Polster - Goldson - Edmundson - Barasic

Jack

Stewart - Hagi - Jones

Kamberi - Kent

... unless SG thinks Morelos or Defoe can start straight away. Leave Kent and Hagi with some freedom to operate just behind the main striker then. The back four's main job is to keep a clean sheet and occasionally foray forward. Jack the enforcer in midfield. Once Kent and/or Hagi tire, throw on Aribo.

I'd be tempted to throw in Big Wes as well to show no one is undroppable.