[FT] Hearts 1 - 0 Rangers

1 minute ago, RANGERRAB said:

Getting rid off ‘poorer squad players’ is never easy because they’ll be on wages at Rangers they won’t get anywhere else.

Of course, but that's where Wilson comes in. 

We're just shooting ourselves in the foot if we start selling first team players but retain the dross. I don't see how we improve. Our first XI may improve, but we've still got to fall back on the dross. 

4 minutes ago, the gunslinger said:

A degree of realism is needed celtc have double the budget of us. 

If we were to win the  league it would be a massive upset. 

What this means is we cannot afford mistakes when buying players. Unfortunately we have made too many especially last summer.

19 minutes ago, RANGERRAB said:

Don’t you think Gerrard has taken us forward from what he inherited 20 months ago?

I think he has but from last nights interviews I think he will try & move on two or three first team regulars over the summer. The likes of Tavernier & maybe Goldson 

In all honesty Rab; i was standing there yesterday thinking we have been treading water for a year now (at best). Even the manager agreed the performance was a parody of the dire stuff watched before arriving. The recent domestic performances have been abysmal and I am certain the players are not performing for him. They will turn it on for Europe as they are in the shop window, but domestically they have chucked it, and Gerrard can't motivate them. SG has become the new PLG and the tactical similarities with MW are haunting. Sure, we have beaten C****c and our European performances have been good so in that sense improvement has been achieved. However, my point was that I don't see SG winning anything as a Rangers manager. I wish I was wrong and hope I am but its what I see.

12 minutes ago, the gunslinger said:

A degree of realism is needed celtc have double the budget of us. 

If we were to win the  league it would be a massive upset. 

Then we all have to accept being second best for years to come? I can't accept we are second best as a team,  we should be competing and we have shown we can. This side has the ability they have just decided to chuck it and I have no idea why? When it suits them they play but they are not doing it for SG?

10 minutes ago, RANGERRAB said:

What this means is we cannot afford mistakes when buying players. Unfortunately we have made too many especially last summer.

They are not mistakes -- other than Barker, I'd say, and the [early] loanees.

The profiles are good: youngsters with potential; solid, experienced Premier League players. 

Where I agree, is that we've got our priorities wrong: squad players instead of quality first team players. 

7 minutes ago, cooponthewing said:

In all honesty Rab; i was standing there yesterday thinking we have been treading water for a year now (at best). Even the manager agreed the performance was a parody of the dire stuff watched before arriving. The recent domestic performances have been abysmal and I am certain the players are not performing for him. They will turn it on for Europe as they are in the shop window, but domestically they have chucked it, and Gerrard can't motivate them. SG has become the new PLG and the tactical similarities with MW are haunting. Sure, we have beaten C****c and our European performances have been good so in that sense improvement has been achieved. However, my point was that I don't see SG winning anything as a Rangers manager. I wish I was wrong and hope I am but its what I see.

Eh? 

20 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

Eh? 

He won't change his general formation from a narrow 4-3-3 and his stubbornness is alarming on this (MW). Since the turn of the year his domestic form has been awful and his Europa league firm excellent (PLG). The latter being a consequence of the players deciding to "show a leg" rather than managerial motivation.

Not everyone will agree, fair enough. It's been almost two years and six trophies. I am entitled to make a judgment after watching the recent domestic form. It's not a conclusion I have come to lightly. As I said, I hope I am wrong?

Edited by cooponthewing