[FT] Hearts 1 - 0 Rangers

10 minutes ago, duffman1872 said:

Seen a couple posts on twitter about what we/Gerrard needs and someone suggested we need a proper Rangers man on board the backroom staff.  May not be the answer but I would bring back Barry, after listening to him on the football daft podcast I would have him back at the club in a heartbeat.  The exact mentality and drive we need at this club and would push what we, as Rangers should be going for, he's a respectable enough guy to not undermine Gerrard but a solid back up to drum in to the players what it means to play for that badge.  Shoot me down if you's want but something needs to change dramatically domestically cos I feel if these players don't wise up soon we may lose Gerrard if an offer comes in whereas before New year I don't think any offer would tempt him.  He looked so disappointed in his post match interview, looked like he was hurting like one of us which I don't think the players feel the same way he does. 

God no.

I`ve followed followed Rangers since the mid-80s, via BBC World Servive, BBC 2, 5 Five Live and then the internet. Being at a classic concert this evening - which might have been a blessing in disguise - I checked on the score and some comments on our German webpage. On my way back I tried hard to think back all those years and could not remember any other  Rangers team of some or similar quality that managed to throw away a title challenge and a remaining cup competition like this current side has managed in a matter of 6 weeks.

It has been coming and believe you me, I'm sickened more than most to be right about my previous comments regarding our tactics and sticking to certain players. We acquired a good few players to give those not performing a run for their places, yet time and again we played the "veterans". Likewise, we did not set up in different ways according to opponents, but tried Plan A time and again. And as much as it hurts, the man at the helm has to shoulder his share here.

As the Anglo-Saxons said: Gæð a Wyrd swa hio scel! Fate goes always as she likes ... and who knows what happens in the next three months in the league. But right now we threw another title race and a cup competition away and leave it to a bang-average Yahoo side with an even more bang-average manager. How we managed to lose to a Hearts team scraping on the edge of relegation within a couple of weeks is way beyond me. Sickening, just sickening.

Constantly starting Kent is the main reason I'm having doubts about SG.  The lad is useless at the moment and needs dropped. 

Then there're playing Hagi wide and waiting for other teams to go ahead before making changes.  He needs to start using his head.

Regarding Morelos I just found this on FF (confirmed on SSB)

Came back late from Columbia and dropped from squad. Was allowed back earlier in the week to deal with “a family issue” - turned up 24 hours late and missed all the preparation for today’s game.

Gerrard interviewed on Premier Sports prematch and was quite cutting and clearly pissed off as said he only wants to talk about players who want to be here to get us through in the cup.

2 hours ago, der Berliner said:

Regarding Morelos I just found this on FF (confirmed on SSB)

Came back late from Columbia and dropped from squad. Was allowed back earlier in the week to deal with “a family issue” - turned up 24 hours late and missed all the preparation for today’s game.

Gerrard interviewed on Premier Sports prematch and was quite cutting and clearly pissed off as said he only wants to talk about players who want to be here to get us through in the cup.

What preparation 

5 hours ago, Gonzo79 said:

Are you sure?

Your profile pic is a player, who has been woeful recently, throwing a ghost punch at an opposition player after they beat Rangers.  What kind of message does that send - you're a fan of violence, underperforming footballers and losing?

Yes, i'm sure. If he quits anytime soon get back to me and say told you so but when he doesn't you get back to me and acknowledge I was right. And I don't think it takes much in the way of smarts to form the opinion that he wont be quitting over this.

Plus I can see no rational connection between that opinion and an avatar intended to be humorous.

5 hours ago, Gonzo79 said:

A person not at the game abusing Rangers supporters losing their temper at a completely embarrassing performance. 

Go to a match and call passionate people 'wanks'.

Are you serious? Anything goes at a football match when your team is being beaten and anyone who wasn't there can't comment on any behaviour at all?

What else is just fine? Throw anything at all that comes to hand and it's justified and not open to comment unless you were there?

Need to be at Easter road to call the bottle thrower a wank when his team were being drubbed otherwise say nothing? The object throwing at Fir park is just fine because their team were being beaten and you can only comment on it if you were there?

I can find no words to describe the absurdity of that. Actually I could but I wasn't there so I can't comment apparently. 

7 hours ago, duffman1872 said:

Seen a couple posts on twitter about what we/Gerrard needs and someone suggested we need a proper Rangers man on board the backroom staff.  May not be the answer but I would bring back Barry, after listening to him on the football daft podcast I would have him back at the club in a heartbeat.  The exact mentality and drive we need at this club and would push what we, as Rangers should be going for, he's a respectable enough guy to not undermine Gerrard but a solid back up to drum in to the players what it means to play for that badge.  Shoot me down if you's want but something needs to change dramatically domestically 

Thanks for the invitation.

Bringing back Ferguson is one of the stupidest ideas I have ever heard.

There is a reason that he has to make his living the way that he does.