[FT] Hearts 1 - 0 Rangers

2 hours ago, Stevie - 4lads Blog said:

I’m flabbergasted it’s come to this 

two days ago I said we should stick with them, at moment I’d wring every one of their fucking necks

Excuse the digression Stevie but I am sure Jack said to Tav in the first half he had broken his toe? I was down near the goal when I though he said that to him? It was just after the challenge he got booked for. Not excusing him but I think he was carrying an injury? Might be wrong?

Edited by cooponthewing

All seems to be lost barring a series of fluke results so time to get ready for the next shot.

Recall Docherty, tell him him he’s in the team no matter what and see what happens.

He’s not a great footballer, his first touch and passing are poor. Harry Davis wasn’t a great footballer either but he held the ring for the artists to do their stuff. I’d gamble more and make him captain

Gerrard says he is responsible for that performance and "has some serious thinking to do over the next few hours". Which sounds a bit ominous. He also said we have a "dressing room full of leaders" which worries me even more. He looked as if he'd finally tasted the pressure that comes with failure at Rangers.

A lot of shortcomings with the squad SG has assembled are now obvious.

As I said earlier there are players signed who simply aren’t good enough (Barker, Jones etc) and others who simply don’t fit the system we play i.e. Defoe playing the lone striker role. 

This needs sorted out at the end end of the season By whom remains to be seen. 

Edited by RANGERRAB

I didn't manage to see the game tonight but don't need to to know what the problems are with this schizophrenic Rangers team .  Without a doubt we are short of quality backup.  Morelos, our outstanding player who can win matches single handedly, has been looking for a while like he's going through the motions.  Defensive frailties have cost us dear too.  Every combination has been tried and they just aren't good enough and I include Goldson in  that.  We don't have a single leader on the park.  We've done well in Europe because we've got the space to play.  This team doesn't have the heart for the domestic game.

51 minutes ago, Bill said:

It's been said many times that you need real steel to manage Rangers. I guess we're about to find out if SG has it, although God knows where we go if he walks.

I have just watched his RTV interview. Really fear he might walk after hearing that 

23 minutes ago, Blue Moon said:

I didn't manage to see the game tonight but don't need to to know what the problems are with this schizophrenic Rangers team .  Without a doubt we are short of quality backup.  Morelos, our outstanding player who can win matches single handedly, has been looking for a while like he's going through the motions.  Defensive frailties have cost us dear too.  Every combination has been tried and they just aren't good enough and I include Goldson in  that.  We don't have a single leader on the park.  We've done well in Europe because we've got the space to play.  This team doesn't have the heart for the domestic game.

Not right now but they had it in spades in November and December with the highlight the win at the Piggery. The players can be good enough when they want to play but they just aren't doing it with any consistency or desire to actually win something. It's like they think they climbed the mountain when we beat Celtic at their place when all that meant was that we had drawn level but we needed to focus and stay ahead. They had the best chance any Rangers team has had in years and they have blown it within 2 months.

I can't even begin to fathom how a team goes from heroes to zeros that fast. And I bet SG is wondering the same.

7 minutes ago, Whosthedado said:

I have just watched his RTV interview. Really fear he might walk after hearing that 

I hope he doesn't. He's brought so much in his time with us. But he does have a lot still to learn and I fear he doesn't have anyone around him to learn it from. This isn't the EPL. Souness had Walter, Gerrard doesn't. I will be mortified if this good man leaves.

Edited by Bill

6 minutes ago, Whosthedado said:

There is no reason for him to walk he isn't the first manager at our club to suffer bad results its time for him  to dig in and get it fixed .