[FT] Hearts 1 - 0 Rangers

1 minute ago, PoohBear said:

Sorry but anyone throwing coins should not be defended, it's not a case of spending money.

Your insinuation is that I don't spend that kind of money following the club so I shouldn't get upset.  I spend a large wedge of my income on Rangers and I shouldn't really have to tell you that or need to explain it.  It still doesn't make me throw things at people or show up the club in a bad light.

I'll leave you to be the super supporter you clearly are, I'm not going to engage in this kind of shit talking.

You literally called Rangers supporters 'wanks'.

16 minutes ago, PoohBear said:

So the most important thing to you is that I called the coin throwers wanks?  That's exactly what they are, damaging the club and acting like little kids.  We could do with fewer people like that in the support, they certainly don't need defending.

Just start buying tickets for matches.

If noble men like you would actually attend matches then there would be no tickets left for coin throwers.

Edited by ranger_syntax

At the end of the day, even though this season ain't over, it very much looks like that SG & Co. have build a good side for a "4-3-3" game against teams that play open and modern football. As we can see in our European runs this and last season. What he seemingly again has failed to build or select is a side that can cope with the dross that is hailed as "Scottish football", a game that is essentially made up of teams willing to destroy any sort of techincal football by digging in and being physically better than quality sides. Every now and then these teams acquire a decent footballer for their style (i.e. counter attacking brickwall stuff) or rear their own odd talent to sell it off at the first opportunity.

One might be tempted and say that we should not lower ourselves to this kind of level, which is fair  enough. But what we do need is to beat teams of that level. That is what Walter's sides did in days gone by. Don't be pretty, don't be fanciful, but get the odd goal more to beat that dross on a continual basis. The Scum are the top of that pile of dung and have a manager that goes with it. They beat the Scottish opposition and that is at the end of the day all that counts.

Agree with most of that DB but at the start of the season we were physically asserting ourselves. We had changed from a team being bullied to winning first balls. Everyone was saying the same.

We’ve now reverted to being a soft touch in certain games. Maybe the season is just too long for this squad. Celtic haven’t played well but they have 2 or 3 players who grab the games by the scruff of the neck and drag their team through. 

The refereeing may also be knocking the spirit out of players. It can’t be easy to know they should be on level points and a lot of their effort is undone by blatant cheating. Every week there is another example. A stonewall penalty disallowed before Hearts similar claim (tho Naismith apparently handled first) and the clearest second yellow for handball you will ever see. 

11 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

There's absolutely no way he would quit after this. If there's one thing we know about him it's that he's no quitter.

unlike you, who turned the TV off during the match.

NS

1 minute ago, gaspard said:

unlike you, who turned the TV off during the match.

NS

Yep, but i'm not paid to watch that torture, it costs me to watch it. Gerrard on the other hand is paid to watch it and he's not going to quit it over a match result. And I don't mean for the money.

53 minutes ago, CammyF said:

As do the coin throwers, they should be identified and banned for life. 

I've (like 1000s of others) followed Rangers home and away since 1983. I've witnessed defeats on par and much worse than yesterday whilst drunk, having a few beers and stone cold sober. I've never, repeat never felt the need to throw coins (or any other objects). 

Find them and  ban them.

But heaven forbid don't label them as anything but fans. That's worse than the coin throwing in some minds.