Sorry for this wee rant!

7 minutes ago, Uilleam said:

Every other side now knows how to play against SG's sole and only "system". 

It's all very Warburtonesque. 

That's the third time we've been Tynecastle this season and the third time we've played terribly, with nothing having really changed, in terms of how we set up.  

You could argue each performance there has been worse than the last.

Yesterday there were spells where we had no shape whatsoever.   And I'm a person that rarely notices that sort of thing.

Gerrard said we were at 'sixes and sevens', in his post match interview and he was spot on.

just to use wednesday against hamilton as an example. what is wrong with trying something different? realistically we have nothing to lose. 

why not try a 3-5-2 or a 4-4-2. just try something different. a good manager will be able to make changes when needed. 

mcgregor

katic, goldson, edmundon

tavernier, kamara, davis, aribo, barisic

kamberi, hagi

have goldson sweeping and have morelos & kent on the bench if it isn’t working. 

“The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.”

the above could be true of continuing with 4-3-3 against the teams who want to just defend for 90 mins and aim for a 0-0 draw.

2 hours ago, MrGaryValentine said:

just to use wednesday against hamilton as an example. what is wrong with trying something different? realistically we have nothing to lose. 

why not try a 3-5-2 or a 4-4-2. just try something different. a good manager will be able to make changes when needed. 

mcgregor

katic, goldson, edmundon

tavernier, kamara, davis, aribo, barisic

kamberi, hagi

have goldson sweeping and have morelos & kent on the bench if it isn’t working. 

That is difficult when the team plays twice a week.

You need to spend time in training to get it right.

46 minutes ago, ranger_syntax said:

That is difficult when the team plays twice a week.

You need to spend time in training to get it right.

i understand that but these are pro footballers, some of them international footballers. you telling me they couldn’t play a 4-4-2 against hamilton at ibrox?

13 minutes ago, MrGaryValentine said:

i understand that but these are pro footballers, some of them international footballers. you telling me they couldn’t play a 4-4-2 against hamilton at ibrox?

They can play it but will it be a step forward or a step back?

You would probably see a lot of other mistakes made if you changed the formation.

Formations???? the only ones IMO who have to keep their shape throughout are the back four,the rest are "footballers?" who should be able to react to situations.

Maybe I am regressing to when football was a simple game and coaches/managers did not need pen and paper nor tactic sheets.

Imagine telling players like Baxter,Cooper ,Laudrop etc. how to play from sheets?.

5 minutes ago, MacK1950 said:

Formations???? the only ones IMO who have to keep their shape throughout are the back four,the rest are "footballers?" who should be able to react to situations.

Maybe I am regressing to when football was a simple game and coaches/managers did not need pen and paper nor tactic sheets.

Imagine telling players like Baxter,Cooper ,Laudrop etc. how to play from sheets?.

The game has changed beyond recognition from the days of Baxter,Cooper & even Laudrup.

Nowadays it’s all about tactics, gameplans & formations & having the right players for them.

Just now, RANGERRAB said:

The game has changed beyond recognition from the days of Baxter,Cooper & even Laudrup.

Nowadays it’s all about tactics, gameplans & formations & having the right players for them.

Yes soon we will have robots playing in the same way we are in the process of getting driverless cars etc.just programme them and send them out!!!!!!!!!!

1 minute ago, MacK1950 said:

Yes soon we will have robots playing in the same way we are in the process of getting driverless cars etc.just programme them and send them out!!!!!!!!!!

Kris Boyd said something like that recently. Difficult to disagree with him