Team Talk For Sunday

5 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

I'm deflecting from nothing, if anybody is you are.

I understand perfectly that when Gerrard may say such a thing he's not talking about a strategy. He's talking about what he knows they're going to face. He's saying we know this is what they will do and we wont be intimidated. He's not saying our plan is we're going out there to kick lumps out of them.

This guy on the other hand is saying exactly that. No doubting that so don't be deflecting with talk of what a nice guy he is while implying Gerrard is advocating 'ugly', a euphemism for kick the shit out of them, as a game strategy.   

???. I’m deflecting ?  Really ?  Hahahaha.  You still haven’t answered where in the OP that Holt says he intentionally will deploy violent conduct. If that’s not deflection then I’ve no idea what is ?

So let me get this straight... when Gerrard says it what he’s actually saying is “we won’t be intimidated”.... but when Holt says it he’s saying “we’re going to kick lumps out of them”.  You really should charge for your fortune telling services, hypocritical though they are.

Away and don’t talk shite JFK.  Just because I know Gary Holt and know him to be a decent person doesn’t mean I’d be calling out if he was willingly going to deploy violent play.  He’s telling his players to not be intimidated and be physical, within the confines of the game.  I’d be pretty sure of that.

But you just crack on in your mind reading that he wants them to kick the shit out of opposition players and risk red cards ?

how is there “no doubting” what Holt said ?  You still haven’t evidenced where he said he’d be deploying violent play so there’s absolutely tons to doubt in what you say.  Using big words doesn’t mean they’re right.

And Gerrard absolutely HAS advocated doing the ugly side of the game well.  Your issue is that you clearly don’t understand what the ugly side is, either that or you’re bifurcating what it means when Gerrard says it vs when Gary Holt says it - which can be described as nothing short of hypocrisy.

Anyway, you’ll never see past the blue tinted specs you use which means you have little objectivity - so it’s pointless continuing a ridiculous debate.

2 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

The implication can be percieved.  It isn't exactly what he is saying though.

It’s pointless mate.  JFK is inside Gary Holt’s head and knows exactly what he’s thinking.... whilst he says nothing of the sort ?

4 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

Well let's play your no content game. He is though, And that's going to become evident soon enough.

I’ll play along... what will constitute thuggery and what will constitute playing a physical, hard, but fair game ? 

And then, where in the OP did Holt say he wanted his team to carry out a game plan of “violent play” ?

3 minutes ago, craig said:

It’s pointless mate.  JFK is inside Gary Holt’s head and knows exactly what he’s thinking.... whilst he says nothing of the sort ?

Yes it is pointless considering this utter nonsense your using as an argument. It's long been agreed around here that opposing teams use violent tactics against Rangers, yet all of a sudden that's not real. Then you go on to contradictory rubbish about me being inside Holts head, while you claim to be inside Gerrards head.

If you can't derive what Holt means when he says that your simply not very insightful.  Are you so blind you don't get undertones? If I walk up to someone and aggressively say i'm going to get you that doesn't mean anything sinister? You really don't get this?

1 minute ago, Gonzo79 said:

The thread definitely has a panto vibe about it.  And JFK reminds me of one of those hysterical characters who go mad about things that haven't happened yet.

You remind me of the classic text book case of last wordism, talking just to be talking and saying absolutely nothing of any relevance to a point. That's hysterical.

spacer.png