Team Talk For Sunday

14 minutes ago, 26th of foot said:

Gary Holt is a trained professional soldier.

His conditioning was provided by a much under valued area of military endeavour. A product of the Army Catering Corps depot at Aldershot, that flaming urns cap badge and regimental motto, 'we sustain'. They are instructed in producing culinary triumphs such as : Pilchard Pizza, All In Stew, and Turkey Curry; whilst replete in a battle bowler.

Vicious bastards, the lot of them. If you meet one, put two rapid into him, you won't regret it.

In my time, those Army Catering Corps types attached to the Parachute Regiment, all arrived with appropriate nicknames, 'Socks Simpson', 'Boots Hughes', Clattie Shaw', and 'Wullie the Heid'.   Such monikers filled you with confidence in terms of food preparation.

Pilchard Pizza?

You cannot fault them for imagination. 

A pity Holt is unlikely to employ such creativity in his tactics for Sunday.

46 minutes ago, 26th of foot said:

His conditioning was provided by a much under valued area of military endeavour. A product of the Army Catering Corps depot at Aldershot, that flaming urns cap badge and regimental motto, 'we sustain'. They are instructed in producing culinary triumphs such as : Pilchard Pizza, All In Stew, and Turkey Curry; whilst replete in a battle bowler.

Vicious bastards, the lot of them. If you meet one, put two rapid into him, you won't regret it.

In my time, those Army Catering Corps types attached to the Parachute Regiment, all arrived with appropriate nicknames, 'Socks Simpson', 'Boots Hughes', Clattie Shaw', and 'Wullie the Heid'.   Such monikers filled you with confidence in terms of food preparation.

Pilchard pizza sounds fantastic have you got the recipe 

3 hours ago, 26th of foot said:

I know Gary - we played in the same youth team at Killie Boys Club - what was surprising to me was that Gary was maybe the 5th best player in the team, but the only one to make it pro.  The biggest difference between he and the rest of us was his desire to make it - he wasnt letting anything stand in his way.  Ruthless would be a word I would use.  His Livvy team plays with the same work ethos as Gary brought to the pitch himself - had a great engine on him even back then, played right midfield for us.

Good lad is Gary

2 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

Finding myself feel some hate for this guy, though maybe I should attempt to put that aside and try to appreciate the honesty. McInnes when we go to the sheep pen tries to pretend it's a football match and they're going to play football. When we all know it's nothing but a kick fest on their part.

This guy at least doesn't try to pretend otherwise I suppose. And then the Scottish league wonder why we can't sell this kind of anti football.

Not every team has the finances of Rangers and Celtic and, ergo, will attract certain types and standards of players.  They have a job to do which is to stay in the top division.  Nothing wrong with them playing to their own strengths, even though it isnt what we like to see ourselves.  I didnt see (m)any of us complain when parking the bus against Barcelona and holding on for a 0-0 draw.  

2 hours ago, CammyF said:

Might have a drive up to Livi on Sunday as you can see into the ground from the road above the ground ?

If I was still back home you could have nipped into my house in West Calder for a pre-game beer Cammy.... alas, I came back to Bermuda on Monday