Premier League 2020/21

Very strange season. Strange results. 

The Crystal Palace-Brighton game infuriated me. Brighton, again, by far the better side, with 80% possession, 90% of the chances, but Palace took the lead through a soft penalty early on (technically not an attempt). Palace did nothing, and it looked like they were going to sneak the win. I'm so pleased for Brighton to get a bit of luck. 

Brighton need to take their chances. Their performances deserve better results, but they need to take their chances if they're going to progress. 

I like Woy, but that whole approach to the game (don't lose, just defend for 90 minutes and hope you steal a goal) is just anathema to me - same with Bruce, Dyche and Moyes. 

22 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

I like Woy, but that whole approach to the game (don't lose, just defend for 90 minutes and hope you steal a goal) is just anathema to me - same with Bruce, Dyche and Moyes.

Unwatchable but understandable if your job is not to win the league but to avoid relegation.

The earliest exponents of this art were Stein at Dunfermline and Waddell at Kilmarnock at least when playing against Rangers and the second force in football at the time, Hearts. 

1 hour ago, Scott7 said:

Unwatchable but understandable if your job is not to win the league but to avoid relegation.

The earliest exponents of this art were Stein at Dunfermline and Waddell at Kilmarnock at least when playing against Rangers and the second force in football at the time, Hearts. 

I suppose it could also be said you can only piss with the one you've got in the grand sheme of the premiership palace Burnley etc are small fish and have to scrape for every point and at the day's end it's all about survival 

One topic that's been on the go since Saturday is Sergio Aguero putting his hand on the lines woman's shoulder I know your not supposed to touch these God like figures but going  by the media you would think he held a knife at her throat. 

There is a simple solution keep weemin out of the mens game at every level and if weemin want to run about chasing a ball let them but keep it all separate from the mens version otherwise it will end up like tennis the same money for less than half the work .

1 hour ago, compo said:

I suppose it could also be said you can only piss with the one you've got in the grand sheme of the premiership palace Burnley etc are small fish and have to scrape for every point and at the day's end it's all about survival 

I don't agree with that. 

Consider the budgets of Brighton and Sheffield Utd; I'd say the're comparable in budget -- perhaps even less so -- to Burnley and Palace (Palace surely have a decent budget now: they've been in the PL for ages!), but the former play in a more progressive way; they're trying to win games, playing attractive football. 

Then you have teams like Newcastle and West Ham, who spend a substantial amount, but are dire to watch. Bruce signed a lot of attaching talent, to still play 5-4-1! He doesn't know how to attack.