Premier League 2020/21

Was listening to Roy Hodgson on Saturday night talking calmly about this VAR and it's interpretation and he talked a lot of good old fashioned common sense it's slowly ruining the game by turning referees into technology freaks .

23 minutes ago, compo said:

Was listening to Roy Hodgson on Saturday night talking calmly about this VAR and it's interpretation and he talked a lot of good old fashioned common sense it's slowly ruining the game by turning referees into technology freaks .

It's nothing to do with technology. 

And, you can't blame the Referees for implementing the rules. 

It's the rules that are the issue. 

The decision to award Newcastle a penalty for Dier's handball was ridiculous: he doesn't even know the ball is there, with his back to it, and his arm is not in an unnatural position, as he was jumping.

The new rules are stupid.  

Souness actually made the point that it makes the game more exciting, which is true: more goals, more excitement. But, it does take away some common sense in these situations. 

15 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

The decision to award Newcastle a penalty for Dier's handball was ridiculous: he doesn't even know the ball is there, with his back to it, and his arm is not in an unnatural position, as he was jumping.

Souness actually made the point that it makes the game more exciting, which is true: more goals, more excitement. But, it does take away some common sense in these situations. 

The Dier one had me fuming and I dont support either, or paricularly like Jose, but I fully understood his reaction to the decision

45 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

I am glad we dont have it thank the lord for our tip top referees like Bobby Madden Kevin Clancy and dear old Wullie Collum ?

The race has just got underway the field isn't even settled yet the outsiders are all getting their five minutes of headlines but it wont be decided until the last furlong,  that's if football is not brought to a premature end due to this horrid virus..

I still think city will get there in a completed league  .