Now if you were ever in any doubt that marijuana fucks with your mind, and that this damage increases exponentially with the amount you consume, I give you the following....

Celtic superfan Bob Marley recorded Old Firm matches

Stuart MacDonald

Thursday December 17 2020, 12.01am, The Times

Football

Bob Marley taped Old Firm matches when he was touring in Europe and took them home for his son Rohan to watch

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/scotland/celtic-superfan-bob-marley-recorded-old-firm-matches-5d2kpw6jz

Bob Marley was a fan of Celtic FC who kept videos of their Old Firm matches and would regale his children with stories about the club, his son has revealed.

Rohan Marley told how his father would tell them stories about the famous Lisbon Lions team who won the European Cup in 1967.

The musician taped Old Firm games while touring in Europe and took them home for Rohan to watch.

Rohan, 48, said his father’s love of Celtic inspired him to attempt to become a footballer and he once tried to get a trial with the club.

In an interview with the Celtic View, he said: “I always loved Celtic, they were one of my father’s favourite teams. He would talk about Celtic and that’s how I came to know them. I was young but I just remember him loving Celtic and telling me about them winning the European Cup. When he was in Europe, he was able to see a lot of the big football games on TV.

“He watched a lot of English football and Scottish football. He would record all the games and I watched them years later at my grandmother’s house. That’s how I came across all these Celtic players from the late 1970s and early Eighties because I’d watch these tapes of Celtic versus Rangers games over and over again.”

The Jamaican businessman, a former American football player, added: “He played all the time as well. I can remember playing with him when we were young. My granny actually had a tape of me and two of my brothers, Ziggy and Steve, playing keepy-up with him. We used to stand in a circle and try to juggle the ball with him.”

In his autobiography, the Celtic legend Dixie Deans said Marley once told him his ambition was to visit Celtic Park. The singer, who died aged 36 in 1981, stunned Deans when the pair met in Australia. Deans said Marley told him: “I’m a big Celtic fan. I would love to go to Scotland to see Celtic Park and kick a few balls there. I know all about Jock Stein. Celtic has always been my team.”

Actually, Marley died in May 1981, so one wonders what equipment he used to record and transport all those matches in the 1970s...