The disgraceful Rangers fans still have it

we might have expected some of the new players to make positive comments about there being such a large crowd for friendlies - but perhaps the comments of darcheville and ceullar were more positive than expected. i mean, they thought the atmosphere at the games was excellent, so they're going to be in for a shock come old firm day (though less so ceullar who's played against us in europe).

but even our next oppponent's manager, who has no need to be particularly concerned or unconcerned about atmosphere said:

Halilovic said: "I watched Rangers' match with Chelsea with my team but I wish I hadn't!

"Rangers were brilliant - I didn't believe they could be that good.

"The other aspect that shocked me was the atmosphere - it sounded tremendous. This is going to be a very difficult match for us."

so perhaps we're not so bad after all. :cheers: to us. :flipa: to our detractors.

we might have expected some of the new players to make positive comments about there being such a large crowd for friendlies - but perhaps the comments of darcheville and ceullar were more positive than expected. i mean, they thought the atmosphere at the games was excellent, so they're going to be in for a shock come old firm day (though less so ceullar who's played against us in europe).

but even our next oppponent's manager, who has no need to be particularly concerned or unconcerned about atmosphere said:

so perhaps we're not so bad after all. :cheers: to us. :flipa: to our detractors.

Ban Barry for posting something positive :devil:

I think the atmosphere of old will return this season,if the recent performances are anything to go by and as long as the players continue to put in these performances it is going to be exciting entering Ibrox again.I hope it starts tomorrow as i'll be there

Ban Barry for posting something positive :devil:

johnny man, i think i'm going to have to doubly ban myself, because this is from a chelsea fan's match review:

The Friday evening and Saturday saw a brilliant spirit of friendship reinforced between the two sets of fans, with those following Chelsea being warmly received in every Rangers pub and club they were seen in.

Through this webpage, the many patrons of BAWA.net who travelled to Glasgow would like to extend their thanks to all Rangers fans for their hospitality and we here at Chelsea look forward to the next fixture between the two clubs.

:D :D

johnny man, i think i'm going to have to doubly ban myself, because this is from a chelsea fan's match review:

:D :D

ban ban ban :devil:

good to see some postive stories for once, although some papers will still make up bad reports from this :uzi:

Great news and comments. I think apart from the obvious problems surrounding the running of our club, there's been the return of a feel good factor to the playing side and definite optimism about the season ahead.

FRANK LAMPARD today hailed the Rangers fans as amazing' - and backed the Ibrox club to join Chelsea in this season's Champions League.

The England man revealed that Jose Mourinho's stars were gob-smacked by the reception they received from the home fans in Saturday's 2-0 friendly defeat from Walter Smith's side.

Lampard, and skipper John Terry, saluted the Ibrox crowd at time-up, and the midfielder claimed it was the best friendly he'd ever played in.

"The Rangers fans were awesome, all the lads were talking about it," said Lampard.

"The reception I got when I went to take corners during the game, and after when we were going off, was really nice.

"They certainly love their own team, but it was very special to get that welcome. It was amazing really, and a very good game to play in for us, certainly the best friendly we've had.

"With that kind of backing from their crowd, they will be hard to beat. And I expect to see Rangers in the Champions League."

Chelsea No.2 Steve Clarke admitted the Ibrox match was perfect for their preparations for the season ahead.

He said: "Obviously, we don't like losing. I think a bit of fatigue set in towards the end for us, and you could see Rangers were a couple of weeks ahead of us in terms of pre-season.

"But we don't take easy games. We could take matches and win 3-0, 4-0 or 5-0. But we played Feyenoord away last week, then Rangers at Ibrox which is a difficult venue, for a reason. We can take a lot from it. Rangers looked strong, they played well and look in good shape for their big game tomorrow night."

Not up north atm, but did the papers up there give us any credit. You know if a big EPL star was bigging up the mhanks it would be blanket coverage.