Allan McGregor extends contract until summer 2022

Just now, Captain_Buns said:

Fantastic news.  The guy is in the form of his life and I hope it continues even beyond 2022.

It's no coincidence that this fine season has been delivered via such a strong defence.

Every one of our accepted first choice back five (McGregor, Tav, Goldson, Helander and Barisic) have had excellent seasons and provided the platform for those in front of them to do their stuff.

McGregor is a key part of that whilst his experience and mentality are second to none in Scottish football which makes his re-signing a real positive going into an important summer transfer wise for this squad.

19 hours ago, Captain_Buns said:

Fantastic news.  The guy is in the form of his life and I hope it continues even beyond 2022.

Aye, agree wholeheartedly. I wouldn't be surprised if he has another 2 or 3 years at the top level, he's incredibly focused and trains so intensely that he'll keep going as long as he wants. I reckon he's one of these guys that'll decide himself when it's time though.