Helicopter Sunday - what's your memories?

Great question / thread.

I was in Azerbaijan, out near the Georgian border - got our driver to defy all rules to get back into Baku. Found the first sports bar - it was full of Celtic fans with their game on all TV's and one TV with our game. Absolutely massive bounce when Novo scored - jumping on a sofa. When Motherwell scored even the Aberdeen fan with me started celebrating.

I was lucky enough to be at the game but just about didn't go. Was out in Edinburgh the night before (with Hibs fans believe it or not) and had a ragin hangover. 

It was the better half who convinced me to go, saying imagine if the impossible happened and you weren't there.

So of I went, very fragile and sat at front of mini-bus listening to music on my IPod and not speaking to anyone. Hit Edinburgh and decided against the pub and 4 of us from the bus went down to ground and sat on a wall outside the Rangers end waiting in ground opening. 

Got in, had some food and sat thinking why the fook did I come to this. Same thoughts when Celtic scored and on 85mins I seriously thought about leaving early (which I never do). Guy Gary from the bus convinced me to stay and thank the Lord he did - an amazing day from start to finish 

Frankie and myself were watching it in a local pub, I was shell shocked for a couple of days, needed an operation to remove the smile from my face

Edited by ian1964

I tried and failed to get a ticket, so watched it in a pub close to Easter Road.  It all seemed a bit flat until the last few minutes ...I can't remember anything after Motherwell's second goal went in.

About a week after the game I went to see (I think) Turin Brakes, or was it Elbown anyway, at the Barras with the better half. Bumped into Jimll from Gersnet ('some of the older posters will remember him) so had a wee celebration with him! 

Funniest thing happened in the bogs tho. Walked in apart from another guy at the other end of the urinals it was empty.  Proceeded to pee and in walks a guy with a Celtic top on (yeah, at a concert). Guy at top end of urinals turns to wash his hands, songs the "McDonald's tune", I turn to wash hands and finish with "lovin it". One bemused Tim........?