Thomson and Whittaker or Brown

Thomson at �£2million and Whittaker at about �£2million as well or Brown for �£4.4million.

Who at the momment do we reckon got the better deal. Us or them. Also anyone know the wages comparison? Brown is on circa �£25k.

Funnily enough I asked a Hibbee friend this same question during the week - he said Brown is head and shoulders above both the other two and thought that the Whittaker signing was a strange one - but then he dislikes Rangers so doesn't want to see these guys do well with us.

Personally I would have liked to have seen Brown at Rangers... BUT..... we needed to strengthen our squad as a whole so to get Thomson and Whittaker for less than Celtic paid for one player I think is good business for us.

I would like to see us retain the majority of the squad we have and possibly start to look for one or 2 very good players at 3 mill who add that true touch of quality.

But in this transfer window our squad was so thin that we needed numbers as much as we also needed quality.

I think we got what we needed in Thomson and Whittaker - and they probably got what they wanted in Brown.

Funnily enough I asked a Hibbee friend this same question during the week - he said Brown is head and shoulders above both the other two and thought that the Whittaker signing was a strange one - but then he dislikes Rangers so doesn't want to see these guys do well with us.

Personally I would have liked to have seen Brown at Rangers... BUT..... we needed to strengthen our squad as a whole so to get Thomson and Whittaker for less than Celtic paid for one player I think is good business for us.

I would like to see us retain the majority of the squad we have and possibly start to look for one or 2 very good players at 3 mill who add that true touch of quality.

But in this transfer window our squad was so thin that we needed numbers as much as we also needed quality.

I think we got what we needed in Thomson and Whittaker - and they probably got what they wanted in Brown.

Good assessment. I think with the squad size now, though, we will need to shift a few of the "duds" to bring in any more players who will genuinely push for a starting place. Sebo to go as he will not get in ahead of Cousin, Boyd, Darcheville or Novo anytime soon and maybe Burke and Murray.

Thomson is getting better by the week and if you had said to me at the start of the season he would be in the team (and I would be quite happy) ahead of Hemdani I would have laughed. Also thought Whittaker was excellent today on his debut and great to see him get a goal. Him and Hutton combined really well on the right on numerous occasions. The size of the squad impresses me at the moment and the months ahead look bright to me just now

Thomson is getting better by the week and if you had said to me at the start of the season he would be in the team (and I would be quite happy) ahead of Hemdani I would have laughed. Also thought Whittaker was excellent today on his debut and great to see him get a goal. Him and Hutton combined really well on the right on numerous occasions. The size of the squad impresses me at the moment and the months ahead look bright to me just now

Hope your right mate!!!:thup:

Thomson at �£2million and Whittaker at about �£2million as well or Brown for �£4.4million.

Who at the momment do we reckon got the better deal. Us or them. Also anyone know the wages comparison? Brown is on circa �£25k.

Great question mate,and when you put it like that then i would rather have two for the price of one, i would still have liked to seen Brown at Ibrox but we needed to strengthen the whole squad and IMO Walter has done that,qualify for CL and we will see another couple of signings,once he gets rid of a few players :cheers: