[FT] Rangers 3 (Aribo 36; Sweeney OG 55; Morelos 70) - 0 Dundee

12 minutes ago, gisabeer said:

Yeah good luck with that.   Hes got the tools to win the league.  Nothing else.   

So what's the solution given we are 10 years behind those we are up against in CL qualification? If we lost qualifiers wirh Walter in charge with players like Laudrup and Gazza, we are up against it, no?

If Gio has tools to win the league then he / we should get automatic qualification to the group stages and the millions that would gain us.

What players who are in our current budget would you like to see us sign that would help us hold our own against the top tier of European football? 

6 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

Given the markets we shop in, I think it would take a deity or a magician to get us competing at CL level.  

Best we can hope for is a decent draw and a bit of luck.

Between aribo kamara kent and hagi I think we will lose at least 2 of them in the next transfer window.  But they wont be leaving for nothing.   Kent especially as I think he would have taken gerrard leaving the hardest.    Gio needs funds to build his team and some will have to leave to fund his ambitions. 

19 minutes ago, CammyF said:

So what's the solution given we are 10 years behind those we are up against in CL qualification? If we lost qualifiers wirh Walter in charge with players like Laudrup and Gazza, we are up against it, no?

If Gio has tools to win the league then he / we should get automatic qualification to the group stages and the millions that would gain us.

What players who are in our current budget would you like to see us sign that would help us hold our own against the top tier of European 

What would I do?   Sell hagi kent and kamara.

11 minutes ago, gisabeer said:

What would I do?   Sell hagi kent and kamara.

And we have solid bids meeting market value for them and those three definatley want to move? 

If yes to the above, who do we replace them with that will improve the squad, are within our budget (wage wise')?

2 hours ago, der Berliner said:

NB: Again ... Tav`s stats are fine. For a winger. They hardly include his defensive abilities though.

There are plenty occasions when he defend like a winger too. Excellent in attack, average at best in defence.

1 hour ago, CammyF said:

And we have solid bids meeting market value for them and those three definatley want to move? 

If yes to the above, who do we replace them with that will improve the squad, are within our budget (wage wise')?

I can see pinocchio sorry stevie g coming in for Kamara and or kent.  Hagi I think will go to galatasaray,   it's where he was born and his dad played there,  hes never hidden the fact that's where he wants to go.   Time will tell but I recon there could be as many as 6 or 7 that wont be there come the end of the season.

Really, maybe the players out of contract but those under contract will only leave if we get decent offers or the manager wants to move them on. 

SG is shopping in a different market with Villa, they'll be nowhere near us looking for players. 

You've still not said who would replace these 6 or 7 players and how they would suddenly make us a force in CL.

52 minutes ago, CammyF said:

Really, maybe the players out of contract but those under contract will only leave if we get decent offers or the manager wants to move them on. 

SG is shopping in a different market with Villa, they'll be nowhere near us looking for players. 

You've still not said who would replace these 6 or 7 players and how they would suddenly make us a force in CL.

I have no idea what our manager will replace the forementioned players with.    It's his call not mine.   But we have lewis mayo leon king patterson and kelly all attracting serious attention from other clubs and it's a well known fact that gio used the youth set up to great effect I actually hope he does take a chance on these kids.  I'm surprised that SG never ever looked to the academy.    

39 minutes ago, gisabeer said:

I have no idea what our manager will replace the forementioned players with.    It's his call not mine.   But we have lewis mayo leon king patterson and kelly all attracting serious attention from other clubs and it's a well known fact that gio used the youth set up to great effect I actually hope he does take a chance on these kids.  I'm surprised that SG never ever looked to the academy.    

You want players dropped and / or sold just for the hell of it then? Or is it simply that you don't like / rate them..... 

To be serious in CL we'd need to spend millions we don't have

SG never looked at the academy - really?

Bassey promoted from the academy and now in 1st team squad. 

Patterson promoted from the academy and now in first team squad. 

Who gave King, Mayo and Kelly their debuts for Rangers and had them around 1st team and played them pre-season?

Who played McCorrie in goal at 1st Old Firm of the season and in EL? 

Have you seen much of Kelly, Mayo and King, or any of our B / youth players? Do you know how they perform in training on a daily basis? 

I've watched Kelly, Mayo and King in B Team and whilst they look promising, they look no more promising than say Wilson, Bates and Ross McCorrie. 

Wilson attracted serious attention after establishing himself in our 1st team and got a fantastic move to Liverpool. Wonder what he's up to these days?

The other two are currently "starring" for Aberdeen which is probably a level above where they ought to be.

40 minutes ago, gisabeer said:

The disappointment wasn't that Gerrard didn't focus on the Academy while stopping ten in a row, that was understandable. The disappointment comes from not doing so after securing the league championship in March. Nathan Patterson is scant payback for three years in charge and GvB needs to do better in that regard.