What do you honestly expect Rangers to achieve this season?

1 hour ago, der Berliner said:

Treble!

As of now, we`ve played 6 games, drew one (in rather interesting circumstances) and lost one OF game (which seemingly never happened before, in better circumstances than we are in now?). A considerable amount of newbies and better players already in place have not been available or fit, but will return over the next few weeks or months. Lawrence missed all three of apparent "horror shows", being a rather influential chap beforehand. Morelos is still unfit, Helander, Davies, Soutar and Ridvan missing, Roofe and Hagi too. Matondo and Tillman look good enough too, may need some time to settle. For some reason, the "crowd" (here or on FF) seems to become restless rather eagerly and more quickly, and the crystal balls of doom and gloom are revolving with a state of exultation (after qualification to the CL group stages and beating PSV) like a Gatling gun ...

We are all old enough and have seen enough to know that it ain't works like that. The season IS a marathon, however worn-out that mantra is. You know it, I know it. 

Our team is good enough to beat anything the Premiership can throw against it, and if all are fit and willing, sure capable of beating the Scum. Hence, despite recent results don`t look good, we are well capable of grabbing the Treble and I assume that is the goal set out by Gio and the rest.

dB, I salute your indefatigablity. The John Greig of the Message Board.

23 hours ago, Scott7 said:

dB, I salute your indefatigablity. The John Greig of the Message Board.

Well, the fat lady hasn`t even dressed for her travel to the opera house, never mind arrived. So best keep some sort of a cool head for the time being.

My sarcastic self had a wee wry smile at the reaction of the past tenday or so. For ages I proposed that we need to change tactics, drop ineffective players or at least changing them more quickly. The amount of FLAK I got and get for that can be measured in metric tons by now, yet after those very same tactics and players manage to fail again (sic!) in three semi-important games and hell breaks lose ... 

21 hours ago, RANGERRAB said:

The biggest change we’ve made since last season has been at the back replacing McGregor and Bassey with McLaughlin and Sands. It hasn’t been a change for the better unfortunately 

Sands is but 22 and currently seen as the go-to option as long as Helander and Davies are unavailable. TBH, despite being rash in some decisions, IMHO, Sands is no worse a CH than Goldson right now, plus he is quick and covers a lot of ground. McLaughlin is a good goalie and we should not forget that it were McGregor`s antics which cost us those vital points in that horror fortnight earlier this year. One bad kick-out will not determine his fate. We all know the pros and cons of both keepers and both are here for a reason.

Signs of progression in our playing style with new faces coming in to improve the team. If we had both of those we would be challenging for the league.

Unfortunately we have gone backwards and have no real identity as a team and our summer recruitment has made little or no impact. The title is gone. 

Edited by BlackSocksRedTops