[FT] Rangers 2 (Colak 8', 49') - 1 Dundee Utd

We talk a lot about youth development, pathways, Ajax model, energy, etc.

Get McCann and King into the starting XI this weekend.

If Tav dosn't make it, I guess King will play right back but would prefer if we used the actual RB back-up, Devine....and played King in the centre, beside Goldson.

Attacking line up please, Gio.

You changed the approach for Ross County and it worked, more of the same please

The following will not be the starting XI for tomorrow but hey ho....

McGregor

Tav/Devine..............Goldson.........King...................Barisic

......Lundstram

..............Arfield...........................McCann........

.......Morelos................................................Kent

...Colak

If things are going well, I'd look to bring Sands on for Lundstram after 60 minutes*. HT, if we were comfortable. The American needs to show what he can or can't do in midfield.

*Same goes for Ridvan for Barisic.

There is a case for starting Wright or Matondo but I think Morelos adds more if he is on his game (hook him at HT if not) and I want Colak between the posts to score goals.

Since shipping 23 goals in 4 games and sacking Jack Ross, Dundee United have only lost one goal in 180 minutes, away to Livingston and Motherwell. The caretaker boss has went back to the old crew of Mulgrew, Watt and Fletcher and it seems evident that Jack Ross had as they call it, lost (part of) the dressing room. In other words, Dundee United aren't a very good team, but they are better than their form in August.

Perhaps not as straightforward as some think it will be, but no excuses and no reason why we shouldn't go out there and make it straightforward.

Yes, I'd definitely be looking to start McCann as I can't see Jack being available from the start again or the need for Davis and Lundstram. 

I think we'll also see Davies and/or Ridvan start. Barisic has been largely fine but may be due a rest.

Up front, Morelos should start again and if we use the three at the back we employed the other day then Colak can play too.

4 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

Isn't McCann a #6?

If so, he'll be replacing Lundstram. 

Unless we're going with a double pivot, which everyone thinks is unnecessary in these games.

Lundstram may be playing right sided centre-half as per the other night but I think both he and McCann can play 6 or 8.

10 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

Isn't McCann a #6?

If so, he'll be replacing Lundstram. 

Unless we're going with a double pivot, which everyone thinks is unnecessary in these games.

You have got me there, I don't know.

I saw his assist in the penalty area against QotSth and thought he could get further up the park.