[FT] Rangers 2 (Colak 8', 49') - 1 Dundee Utd

14 hours ago, Bill said:

I know the world has gone a bit doolally but Rangers fans pessimistic about a visit to Tynecastle? Come on!

Agree. Its always a high tempo game at Tynecastle with a rocking atmosphere but to be thinking about dropping points there shouldnt enter the head.

Aside - back to Saturdays game, Dundee Utd home or away was one of the fixtures I used to enjoy most and attended but I found myself trying to get motivated after the first 15 minutes and it was really difficult - that stems from on the pitch.

12 minutes ago, Gribz said:

Agree. Its always a high tempo game at Tynecastle with a rocking atmosphere but to be thinking about dropping points there shouldnt enter the head.

Aside - back to Saturdays game, Dundee Utd home or away was one of the fixtures I used to enjoy most and attended but I found myself trying to get motivated after the first 15 minutes and it was really difficult - that stems from on the pitch.

As a kid, I used to enjoy watching the spectacle of a match against Dundee United because of the colours.

Nothing to do with religion or football, they were simply my favourite two colours.

Wasn't the reason I watched, but a pleasing by product.

Jim McLean took them to the relative stars and when it finished, it was always going to be differing shades of disappointment. 

Hearts are a team threatening to rise slightly above diddy status.

However, this season has seen injuries and a heavier schedule than normal prove challenging to them.

The game on October 1st will provide a good indication of where we are.

If we are on it, we'll win but if not, they have the tools to hurt us.

All about our mentality and focus.

On 16/09/2022 at 09:17, buster. said:

McGregor

Tav..............Goldson.........King...................Barisic

......Lundstram

..............Arfield...........................McCann........

.......Morelos................................................Kent

...Colak

Would really like to see the team from my OP. The difference from the actual line up being Morelos in for Jack.

Colak is a really good finisher between the posts. I wouldn't want to take that away.

Get rid of a DCM and play Morelos just behind and to the right of Colak. If Alfredo comes on to a game, it would terrify diddy defences.

Edited by buster.

11 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

Van Bronckhorst won't play two strikers.  

I'd be playing Alfredo slightly behind Colak but with license to roam.

At least in games against diddy teams.

If we were to bring in a clearly better option on the right, fair enough. As it stands, it is pick and mix.

Another option for other games when using a double pivot would be...

Tav

.........Morelos.. Lawrence...Kent

Tav....................Colak

We can always replace GVB !

Edited by buster.

1 minute ago, Gonzo79 said:

Watching Rangers just now reminds me of that last season under McLeish, where watching the match is a chore.  

Enjoyed the second half yesterday, watching St.Mirren playing with two strikers.

Curtis 'f**king' Main was ripping the pish 😃

8 hours ago, buster. said:

Would really like to see the team from my OP. The difference from the actual line up being Morelos in for Jack.

Colak is a really good finisher between the posts. I wouldn't want to take that away.

Get rid of a DCM and play Morelos just behind and to the right of Colak. If Alfredo comes on to a game, it would terrify diddy defences.

Get morelos fit and we're a different beast.