Now, before going on, I doff my cap to the Celtc (�© Green Brigade) PR Machine as it once again roars into action trying to defend the indefensible. If only we had a similar set-up at Ibrox, we wouldnâ��t be subject to weekly complaints from MOPES, TWATS and unbiased media outlets. However, I find the latest spin-doctoring from the east end very hard to swallow.

The latest example of Celtc fans encroaching the field during a game is arguably the most ââ?¬Ë?high-profileââ?¬â?¢ but it is hardly the first time they have been guilty of such an offence. In recent years, this has been almost an annual occurrence at Celtc games, especially at Parkhead. Hell, Celtc fans even go to games of their greatest rivals and invade the pitch ââ?¬â?? could it be said that they are not normal pitch invaders? Now, I am not arguing that Dida made a ââ?¬Ë?shop-frontââ?¬â?¢ of the whole episode. In fact, he would have been better served taking the John Brown approach. When a Celtc fan decided that heââ?¬â?¢s seen enough of Rangers papping his team and decided to attack Ally Maxwell, Bomber simply bundled the guilty party into the net and proceeded to ââ?¬Ë?restrainââ?¬â?¢ him until the Police arrived on the scene. However, Didas antics shouldnââ?¬â?¢t be under scrutiny here. The simple fact of the matter is that once again, an opposing player has been attacked by a fan at Parkhead.

I found it ironic that Gordon Strachan declined to comment on the issue last night ââ?¬â?? surely someone who has been on the receiving end of a right hook from a Celtc fan would be well placed to comment on how it feels to be attacked whilst plying your trade. I am sure that WGS hasnââ?¬â?¢t forgotten being attacked from the Jungle in his Aberdeen days?

Quinn has been quick to tell anyone whole listen that they will be swift to act (although the culprit handed himself over, made his job a bit easier) and the fan has been banned for life. Quinn has also stated that there will be a review of security. Talk about closing the door after the horse has bolted. The whole herd have not only bolted, but escaped down the Gallowgate, onto the Renfrew ferry and were last seen grazing of the West Coast of Scotland.

Let me digress here as Quinn is a clever fellow. He has continually stated that Celtc donââ?¬â?¢t have a problem with sectarian (or political or offensive) singing, yet he has felt the need to chair ââ?¬Ë?secret meetingsââ?¬â?¢ (are they turning into Masons?) with fans groups pleading with them to drown out sectarian, political and offensive sung at Parkhead ââ?¬â?? why call meetings Mr Quinn if you havenââ?¬â?¢t gotten a problem? I believe Frankie highlighted the true extent of their problem by posting You Tube clips recently. I wonder why the media and Uefa havenââ?¬â?¢t picked up on these as yet ââ?¬â?? they were quick to find and use You Tube footage of Rangers fans recently?

See, this is more spin from the spin-masters at Parkhead. If Liewell and Quinn are to be believed, let them answer this question. How long is it since Fernando Ricksen was struck with a lighter at Parkhead and has the culprit been identified and banned? While we await a response on that incident, I wonder if their PR machine could remind us of how many fans were identified and banned after the Celtc Shame Game where at least 3 fans invaded the pitch and attacked the linesman, referee and Jorg Albertz? Not forgetting the barrage of coins that were thrown at Rangers players and Hugh Dallas, resulting in a head injury to the referee. Again, whilst we are awaiting an update, could they also confirm if the person responsible for rearranging Hugh Dallas� windows ever received a ban? I think you�ll find him dining out bi-weekly in the corporate boxes at Parkhead.

So in summary, Celtc have ââ?¬Ë?historyââ?¬â?¢ for pitch invasions (I have barely scratched the surface) and are clearly still flaunting UEFA, SFA and SPL guidelines on sectarian, political and offensive songs with impunity. However, given the high profile nature of the opposition and game last night, I can not see them escaping so easily this time. If only the UEFA and SPL representatives would open their ears to the repugnant chanting as well.

Cammy F

Great post Cammy and its becoming more frustrating year on year that everyone connected with their club are allowed to behave exactly how they like and never seem to get punished for it.

The other thing I've never understood about Parkhead is why its acceptable for large groups of fans to be allowed to leave their seats and come down to the edge of the stands to abuse opposition players or celebrate with their own. I remember it seemed to stem from when Gazza was playing and he took some awful abuse whenever he went over to take a corner etc.

Why do they get away with it? Its never mentioned in the press but if it happened at any other ground there would be calls for it to be sorted asap.

Unfortunately Cammy I can see it being swept under the carpet again.

I saw a clip of Quimm on the tv and he said quite unashamedly " you can't blame C****c for the actions of 1 person"

Quite how this man is allowed to continue with this Mhedia buffoonery is beyond me. The Mhedia cannot stand back - as they always seem to do - this time. Action and blame must fall directly at CFC and no one else.

Yes Dida was a diddy but the issue is not about him being slapped by a fan and him going down like Jon C on his boyfriend... The issue is the fan invading the pitch, and his assault (albeit a wee slap) on a football player on the field of play. Quimm is a master at the "defence via the press" bollox and they will probably get a small fine, and the fan will get a season ticket for life..

Yes Dida was a diddy but the issue is not about him being slapped by a fan and him going down like Jon C on his boyfriend... .

I havent seen it yet - but did he honestly go down that easy with intent???