Gersnet website gets massive content update

Earlier this season, we launched our fantastic new website and we're delighted to update all our site users with the news that all our museum content from the last version of our site has now been ported over to this one - along with even more articles!

Our new site is cleaner, more streamlined, works better on mobile devices and is a lot faster so is ideal to enjoy all our museum articles and statistics. As well as all our important content on Rangers' history, you can keep an eye on the latest club information that our users always enjoy (e.g. player profiles, fixtures and match highlights), including our quality, original article submissions on a range of relevant subjects.

If you're not much of a reader, we've still got you covered where you can join thousands of other fans and subscribe to our regular live podcasts. And don't forget our wee forum which remains a popular community for fans to discuss all the latest Rangers news and the ideal place for you to offer feedback on all our content.

Remember, we're always looking for new contributors so feel free to contact us if you'd like to get involved with any aspect of the website or podcast. Fancy submitting an article? Interested in being on our podcast? Want to share your technical/graphical expertise? We'd love to hear from you...!

Finally, don't forget that ALL our content is absolutely FREE and all we ask in return is for to to share what you like with your friends, family and work colleagues to spread the word.

More information here:

https://www.gersnet.co.uk/index.php/about/museum-podcast-and-forum

50 minutes ago, Frankie said:

Earlier this season, we launched our fantastic new website and we're delighted to update all our site users with the news that all our museum content from the last version of our site has now been ported over to this one - along with even more articles!

Our new site is cleaner, more streamlined, works better on mobile devices and is a lot faster so is ideal to enjoy all our museum articles and statistics. As well as all our important content on Rangers' history, you can keep an eye on the latest club information that our users always enjoy (e.g. player profiles, fixtures and match highlights), including our quality, original article submissions on a range of relevant subjects.

If you're not much of a reader, we've still got you covered where you can join thousands of other fans and subscribe to our regular live podcasts. And don't forget our wee forum which remains a popular community for fans to discuss all the latest Rangers news and the ideal place for you to offer feedback on all our content.

Remember, we're always looking for new contributors so feel free to contact us if you'd like to get involved with any aspect of the website or podcast. Fancy submitting an article? Interested in being on our podcast? Want to share your technical/graphical expertise? We'd love to hear from you...!

Finally, don't forget that ALL our content is absolutely FREE and all we ask in return is for to to share what you like with your friends, family and work colleagues to spread the word.

More information here:

https://www.gersnet.co.uk/index.php/about/museum-podcast-and-forum

In the historical results database, could you add the names of the goal scorers and the times please? 😇😂

3 hours ago, Bill said:

In the historical results database, could you add the names of the goal scorers and the times please? 😇😂

I am actually going to see if I can include more match info going forward.

Older versions of the site were limited resolution wise meaning the table could only be so wide without breaking the template.  I'm hoping I might be able to add another column or two now everyone has more modern devices and screens but I'll test in in the summer.

Over 160 pages of extra content added in the last 4 days isn't a bad start.

54 minutes ago, Frankie said:

I am actually going to see if I can include more match info going forward.

Older versions of the site were limited resolution wise meaning the table could only be so wide without breaking the template.  I'm hoping I might be able to add another column or two now everyone has more modern devices and screens but I'll test in in the summer.

Over 160 pages of extra content added in the last 4 days isn't a bad start.

I've no doubt it's a pile of work that never goes away and perhaps it wasn't my place to raise it but the site has always felt a bit "thin" since the new platform was launched. It was only ever an opinion and the option was always there to ignore it. I think you probably agreed though and the site is certainly enhanced by the work you've done so far. I hope I'm not the only one who saw these data as a valuable and frequently visited resource.

Let's hope I survive your periodic admonishments long enough to enjoy it 😂

3 hours ago, compo said:

The section by Ellfido on the youth teams is excellent first class. 

It's a really great resource and much appreciated. It's given me an insight I never had before.

2 hours ago, Malangsob said:

Funny, the one place where I would pay for Rangers content and you guys don't accept any. 

Preferred charity? 

I understand why Gersnet doesn't want to ask members to contribute but I can't understand why members don't decide for themselves that something like £10 or £20 per year towards cost is a good idea. A poll perhaps?

Edited by Bill

1 hour ago, Bill said:

I understand why Gersnet doesn't want to ask members to contribute but I can't understand why members don't decide for themselves that something like £10 or £20 per year towards cost is a good idea. A poll perhaps?

Absolutely!

Or at least post a preferred charity.

What's a few bucks?