Reg plates (Rangers)

I spent six months in the then West Berlin in the mid-eighties.

The defence was in part based on the expansive tunnel system. Out of sight, out of mind hid a host of embarrassing objects for today's modern Germans.

Maintaining the theme of the thread, the most interesting object I saw, was a burgundy coloured Audi Wanderer cabriolet from 1934. It had a private plate : HH R. The car had been developed and registered in Hockenheim or HH was representative of Heinrich Himmler. R was representative of Reichsfuhrer.

I am so relieved I had the courage of my convictions to slip a hand written card into the car's glove compartment, explaining the number plate. I penned if you know your history; HH was Hail Hail and R was for one of their own - Rolf. I note a minutes applause is planned by the Green Brigade for Saturday's Sellik - Aberdeen match. Perhaps, Der Pieter could drive the Wanderer around the pitch during the applause and, the car would be immediately available for the planned post season invasion of Poland.

I knew someone who had something like I8ROX on a Porsche (he may still, I've not seen him in a long time). He had a business in Glasgow and was running an important customer to Glasgow Airport after a meeting, in the days when you could drop off and pick up on the road right outside the terminal. Unfortunately several plane loads of Celtic fans were returning from a European trip at the same time. This resulted in an unexpectedly rowdy send off for the bemused and concerned important customer as voices were raised and threats exchanged. 

• 7 months later...
9 hours ago, Frankie said:

Aye, I think it is. Not been around their way for a few months and they do change their car fairly regularly...

Yeah I think they noticed my Reg 🧐 and came in front of me ♥️🤍💙