Arfield opening a pub

17 minutes ago, BEARGER said:

Would the council give the go ahead for a pub under peoples homes? I know there are a good few in Glasgow but these were ok'd years ago. Times and rules change.

An interesting point. However what are they expecting it to be occupied by? A fast food joint? There's already a few of them. I could understand if there were a number of people wanting to take it on but presumably there isn't.

Would they prefer it to lie derelict? 

It makes me yearn for the days of Michael Kelly when I see what's happening :ph34r:

55 minutes ago, BEARGER said:

Glasgow City Council have today refused the creation of this new pub on Copland Road. A total of five reasons have been given for this decision, with the overarching being the proposals are not in-keeping with the city development plan.

Ironically, the council just approved that site as the future location of Domination Dan's BDSM Emporium.

35 minutes ago, Malangsob said:

Ironically, the council just approved that site as the future location of Domination Dan's BDSM Emporium.

It was actually be OK if that was the case but the authorities in this country are as unenlightened on sex as they are on cars and alcohol, but given their approach to drugs, I guess they'd be happy for it to be occupied by dealers. 9_9

1 minute ago, Bluedell said:

It was actually be OK if that was the case but the authorities in this country are as unenlightened on sex as they are on cars and alcohol, but given their approach to drugs, I guess they'd be happy for it to be occupied by dealers. 9_9

Yeah same here in our major cities.

Crumbling messes.

1 hour ago, Bluedell said:

An interesting point. However what are they expecting it to be occupied by? A fast food joint? There's already a few of them. I could understand if there were a number of people wanting to take it on but presumably there isn't.

Would they prefer it to lie derelict? 

It makes me yearn for the days of Michael Kelly when I see what's happening :ph34r:

I would think that those who live above would prefer it empty to being a pub.