Attitude toward young players breaking through

30 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

The management team will watch him every day in training and their jobs rely on Rangers winning.  They'll pick what they think is the best team.

There were rumours about him having a poor attitude.  

I can understand the management team don't want to take risks that could lose them their jobs, or us silverware. Lowry just looks to me to have the ability to have progressed much farther by this point and I hope those rumours are merely that, just rumours. 

Patterson had the ability to have played a lot more for us, and would have had he not been up against the club captain.

I'd like to think that Gilmour would have played a lot had he stayed.

Lowry was unlucky to an extent last season with injuries and personal issues, and also the loan of Tillman. It's make or break for him next season. Hopefully he's learned a lot from Cantwell and can have his application.

2 hours ago, Graeme Ro55 said:

While I ate my lunch this afternoon I watched Jude Bellingham's first Real Madrid press conference. At seven minutes thirty this young pro talks about the benefit of playing with mature pros from a young age. If your good enough your old enough. Rangers and a lot of supporters seem to think young players need nurturing/molly codling, a slow introduction to the first team. I disagree. Many truely great players got thrown in at the big boy end and thrived. I will attach the video for your perusal.

If an 18 year old qualifies for USAF/CCT there ain't nothin on any soccer field, anywhere in this world that could possibly be tougher than that. 

Young men do it every year. 

If a young airman of 18-19 can run tactical control on a forward LZ, under fire...I'm sure they can kick a ball. 

Wipe their ass, and get em out there. 

5 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

One would hope anyone that age would be capable of wiping their own bottom. 

You wouldn't think it the way most are coddled. 

If the club were honest about those players who could make the first team, we wouldn't have enough to field a team. 

I am a huge proponent of just scrapping the whole 'youth' thing. 

..and the women's team for that matter. 

Efficiency.

1 hour ago, Malangsob said:

I am a huge proponent of just scrapping the whole 'youth' thing.

I must admit I'm coming round to that conclusion myself. I've tried to see the value of it but nothing obvious comes to mind.

However, I don't agree with you on the women's team. I probably would have a couple of years ago but times have changed and are going to keep changing. I feel Rangers needs to be on board with the women's game.