------------------------------time-----------TV

Celtic v Motherwell------------15:00

Gretna v Inverness CT---------15:00

Hibernian v St Mirren-----------15:00

Kilmarnock v Hearts------------15:00

Sunday, 28 October 2007 Time-----------------TV

Dundee United v Rangers-------14:00---------***

Aberdeen v Falkirk-------------15:00

A great looking fixture list for this weekend with four of the top five playing each other. Only Hibs seem to have a slightly easier game.

Celtic-v-Motherwell.

Celtic have been struggling of late with a very lucky last minute win against bottom team Gretna after being behind 1-0 for 85 minutes. Then a decisive 3-0 defeat at the hands of Rangers at Ibrox last week, followed by a 1-0 defeat at the hands of Benfica in the champions League. If there is a team at the moment you would not want to meet on that form then Motherwell springs directly to mind. Motherwell have been playing some of the best football in the SPL this season and Mark McGhee will be urging his players to have a go at a injury hit Celtic team. At Fir park i would go for Motherwell but i think Celtic will still be strong enough at home to win the points.

Celtic win.

Gretna-v- Inverness.

Craig Brewster has got Caley going again and i would expect them to be too strong for a Gretna side that look more and more like the strongest candidates to drop back to the first division. Their defeat by St Mirren last time out means they are losing points to the teams they need to beat to secure a SPL place next season. Inverness also fall into that category if Gretna want SPL football next seson they have to win these games.

I don't see Gretna beating Inverness.

Inverness win

Hibernian-v-ST Mirren.

This would be easy to say a certain Hibs win but St Mirren are a team you have to be sharp to beat. They can grind out results as they make it hard for opposing teams. Hibs lost to Motherwell last week but played most of the game with ten men. If Hibs play to form then they should win but any weakness could see St Mirren grind out at least a draw.

Hibs win.

Kilmarnock-v-Hearts.

Of all the teams Hearts are the Jekyll and Hyde of the SPL. A great game one week and an atrocious game the next. Before last week they seemed to have hit form but at home against a good Dundee united team they were always playing second fiddle. Kilmarnock are a refined middle of the league team who you need to be at your best to beat, but have had attacking problems this year. This game depends on what Hearts team turns up but i fancy it as a Draw,

Draw.

Dundee United-v-Rangers.

Once again Rangers seem to get the inform team. It happened at Motherwell and Hibs and now at Dundee UTD. If you only look at October then United would in fact be top of the league as they were the only team not to drop points. This will be a game where we really have to be at our best to get the win. I can't see Dundee Utd beating us but they could grind out a draw and we really have to be sharp. Hopefully we can get a result as it would be a shame to undo the good work we put in last week.

Rangers Win.

Aberdeen- v- Falkirk.

Aberdeen come back from a disappointing defeat at the hands(or feet) of Panathanikos, As they played on Thursday then they could suffer from Fatigue but i would expect them to get back on song and beat Falkirk to keep up their fight for a Euro place next year. John Hughes wants to play attacking football but to be honest he will have to rethink that strategy if results keep going against him, if he wants to keep his job.

Even allowing for Jet-lag i think the Sheep will win and keep up their fight for that Euro place.

Aberdeen win.

Hard to disagree with any of your predictions Pete - good work.

Off topic but I cannot believe that I have been in this shitty office from 8am till almost midnight !

I thought you went to Bermuda for the sun and cocktails.:)

Only one id maybe change is Gretna, i fancy them to get a draw with Inverness.

I wouldnt bet on Motherwell getting a point at parkhead either, they are playing well while cletic have zero confidence right now.

Craig, what are you thinking!! Get home son!! You've done more hours today than ive done all week - Im only in work today coz we're having a staff BBQ at 4pm :)

Ok so Gretna didnt get a draw with Caley. :)

There was only 1020 at that game, there was probably more people in the local asda, but i suppose it is the 2 most furthest apart teams in the league and neither was in there home town.