A different approach (food for thought)

Since the late Walter Smith last managed The Famous Glasgow Rangers a dozen years past now we have had to endure some experimental appointments (being kind) in the managers seat. MB with around a dozen games under his belt at QPR, Stevie G with none, Perdo Caixinha, well lest said about Perdo "The Bushman" Caixinha the better.  Graeme Murty must have managed our great club for over six months over a couple of spells with no first team managment experience. Even club hero, Ally McCoist had no first team managment experience. There are of course others with more experience like Warburton, Giovanni van Bronckhorst or Stuart McCall, but none that were the sort of proven top managers I would expect to take up the role. If we were to take the type of money we spend on a player (5 - 7 million) and spend it on a manager I am sure we could attract someone more suitabe. I honestly think a top manager can have a better effect on a team than one more player. We are after all the greatest club in the world and deserve the best.  

I agree. But who? Beale, has experience as a (first class) coach, less as a manager, so that was the thinking here . I can't think of any 'proven' managers outside smaller country leagues that would come to us.... but I'm not knowledgeable enough to know in any case. 

1 hour ago, weebluedevil said:

I agree. But who? Beale, has experience as a (first class) coach, less as a manager, so that was the thinking here . I can't think of any 'proven' managers outside smaller country leagues that would come to us.... but I'm not knowledgeable enough to know in any case. 

I like Marcelo Gallardo, but the rest of the Bluenoses will have their own ideas. The thread was just me suggesting that we go after a manager with serious intent to get a finished article and not settle for experiments. That way we can all get behind him and not be waiting for the wheels coming off.

2 minutes ago, Graeme Ro55 said:

I like Marcelo Gallardo, but the rest of the Bluenoses will have their own ideas. The thread was just me suggesting that we go after a manager with serious intent to get a finished article and not settle for experiments. That way we can all get behind him and not be waiting for the wheels coming off.

He's not in our league. 

1 minute ago, Rousseau said:

He's not in our league. 

If you smack 6-7 million quid on the table he might, but if you don't go after him you will defo not get him. Gallardo was just my thought, as I said to Weebluedevil it just has to be a finished article and not another experiment.

26 minutes ago, Graeme Ro55 said:

Do we need a new manager? 😱

Just now, BlackSocksRedTops said:

I can't believe there is already a thread about potential alternative managers. Can I ask, would this thread have been started if we had beaten Olympiacos in a meaningless friendly? 

Yes, I was thinking MB was a poor appointment from the off, and he's not convincing me I was wrong. 

6 minutes ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

I can't believe there is already a thread about potential alternative managers. Can I ask, would this thread have been started if we had beaten Olympiacos in a meaningless friendly? 

Neither can I. Might as well get a couple of Gersnet Polls on the go.

1) Should we sack Beale before season starts? Yes /  No

2) If it's YES then draw up list of better coaches for second poll. Gallardo. Poch. Pep. etc. Oh, aye and Arteta, Ferguson & McInnes (need a few ex players who know the club)

Need to move fast though. Season starts in 8 days! 😬