9 minutes ago, compo said:

Today is the ninetieth birthday of Don Kitchenbrand could do with a player of his style now to lead the line , have a good one big fella.

Before my time but, my Grandfather was a huge fan. 

The auld yin loved a direct running centre and continually repeated Don's outstanding stats ie 26 goals in 30 appearances.

An important fact and one Rangers should acknowledge about the Don, he was one of only several RCs that Rangers signed in the half century between the mid twenties and late seventies.

My brother won a goldfish shooting at the shows. We called him Kitchenbrand. The fish, not my brother.

Don Kitchenbrand or Maxie Murray? The debate was never settled until Jimmy Millar put an end to it.

6 minutes ago, Scott7 said:

My brother won a goldfish shooting at the shows. We called him Kitchenbrand. The fish, not my brother.

Don Kitchenbrand or Maxie Murray? The debate was never settled until Jimmy Millar put an end to it.

Now, my old man loved Jimmy Millar.

I retain the warm memory of being a Primary schoolboy at Hampden for the 1966 Scottish Cup final replay against ra Yahoos. When the Rangers team was announced and Millar was the replacement for Saturday's Watson, the old man lifted me and spun around proclaiming Millar's involvement meant the cup was won. Thankfully, King Kai did the needful from 25 yards. I think the final replay was Millar's final appearance for Rangers?

3 minutes ago, 26th of foot said:

Now, my old man loved Jimmy Millar.

I retain the warm memory of being a Primary schoolboy at Hampden for the 1966 Scottish Cup final replay against ra Yahoos. When the Rangers team was announced and Millar was the replacement for Saturday's Watson, the old man lifted me and spun around proclaiming Millar's involvement meant the cup was won. Thankfully, King Kai did the needful from 25 yards. I think the final replay was Millar's final appearance for Rangers?

Left half I think he was that night 

2 minutes ago, Scott7 said:

Back to the half line where he once belonged and played a stormer.

When Rangers scored the bloke next to us let out a roar and lost his top set of his false teeth add that to all the beer cans full of urine that spilled I don't think he looked to hard .

2 hours ago, 26th of foot said:

I think the final replay was Millar's final appearance for Rangers?

Final appearance in a Final. Played left half again on the Saturday in a 1-2 victory at Dunfermline but only five games the next season. I saw what I think was his last goal at Tynecastle in a 1-1 draw. Freed at the end of the season he went to Dundee United who were respectable in those days.

10 minutes ago, compo said:

When Rangers scored the bloke next to us let out a roar and lost his top set of his false teeth

When Rangers scored I dropped a quarter bottle of whisky. Didn’t matter. We didn’t need it after the goal.