I have another memory of that Scottish Cup final replay victory over ra Yahoos in 1966.

It was after the game and my Grandfather, Father and, myself made our way down Polmadie Road. We were level with the old British Oxygen plant when a flat bed lorry(coal wagon) passed with several dozen Bears on the back celebrating. The truck had to brake suddenly and all but a few Bears fell off the wagon, most climbed back on and the party continued. We can only assume King Kai's 25 yard raker had relaxed the Rangers support and were thus immune to injury?

The song being sung on the back of the wagon was :

Singing Kai aye yippee yippee aye, singing Kai aye yippee yippee aye, singing Kai aye yippee , Jock Stein's a fcuking hippy, singing Kai aye yippee yippee aye. 

Catchy?

23 hours ago, 26th of foot said:

I

Singing Kai aye yippee yippee aye, singing Kai aye yippee yippee aye, singing Kai aye yippee , Jock Stein's a fcuking hippy, singing Kai aye yippee yippee aye. 

We used to sing the Pope's a ***** hippy

1 hour ago, Yorkie Bear said:

We used to sing the Pope's a ***** hippy

In deepest, darkest Lanarkshire, the Pope featured in a number of songs. My favourite was :

It was at Hamilton Cross

When the pope fell off his horse

And the eagle on his banner flew away

They were eating paris buns

When they heard King Billy's guns

And the durty Yahoo B'stards ran away

Ran away, ran away, ran away.

Whoever came up with the couplet, 'they were eating paris buns when they heard King Billy's guns' is deserving of an Ivor Novello award.

Scott, Wonderful finds.

The second photo' conveys sixties football in Scotland. All those smiling schoolboys at the front of the terrace.

Although, there were disadvantages if the bottle party started. You had no other option other than jumping the retaining wall and making your way out of range, usually the turf.