Away tickets and UB

33 minutes ago, Bluedell said:

It does seem strange that they appear to get so many for all the games. How many tickets does a gold Mygers person normally get a season?

I'm sure MyGers Gold get circa 5 away tickets per season. 

However, it's not restricted to UBs - same faces you see at all away games. 

I used to go to almost all.away games and was lucky if I got 5 or 6 through my season ticket. 

1 hour ago, BEARGER said:

That’s my thinking. They may congregate together but they have to get  the tickets in the first place. Could be the away support is not that large.

As far as I'm aware every way game is vastly over-subscribed.

2 minutes ago, BEARGER said:

If that’s the case then there’s a fiddle going on. Unless of course most people pass the tickets on.

There is definitely a fiddle going on. They cant possibly get every away game in a space just behind the goal by coincidence

4 minutes ago, Whosthedado said:

There is definitely a fiddle going on. They cant possibly get every away game in a space just behind the goal by coincidence

Then it's a question that should be asked at the Fan Engagement meeting? 

Said previously, I don't think they get the space behind the goal, they just congregate there. Very few people sit in their allocated seat at away games (which isn't new, it's been going on for years). 

I don't go to as many away games as I used to, but it was always the same faces you saw natter where you went. So either the fiddle has been going in for decades, or the resourceful and determined fans somehow get their hands on tickets

Edited by CammyF

1 minute ago, CammyF said:

Then it's a question that should be asked at the Fan Engagement meeting? 

Said previously, I don't think they get the space behind the goal, they just congregate there. Very few people sit in their allocated seat at away games (which isn't new, it's been going on for years). 

I don't go to as many away games as I used to, but it was always the same faces you saw natter where you went. So either the fiddle has been going in for decades, or the resourceful and determined fans somehow get their hands on tickets

to be honest I am old school. If I have a sat I want to sit at that seat. Not have some wee ned - no offence to the UB - tell me to f off when I get there

Just now, Whosthedado said:

to be honest I am old school. If I have a sat I want to sit at that seat. Not have some wee ned - no offence to the UB - tell me to f off when I get there

I get that, but when I was a "wee ned", you tended to try and get best view and be with the other "wee neds", so it's not unique to the UBs or this generation of "wee neds".

I have experienced The UBs being around my seat at a few away games, and they've never told me to "f off". Sometimes I've sat / stood where my seat is other times I've moved to get a better view (as being stick down the front behind the goals isn't ideal viewing, UBs or no UBs.)