The Winter 2023/24 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

On 04/01/2024 at 01:36, Bill said:

Rangers have spent similarly large sums of money on goal scorers before and seen precious little return, as evidenced by last summer's debacle on the transfer market. To be pragmatic, it's not so much what we spend but how many trophies we win as a result.

If Shankland comes on board and scores the goals that win the league then the difference between £2m and £5m is largely irrelevant. If he comes on board and we don't win the league because we continue to fluff our lines in front of goal like last Saturday then even £2m would be a gross and pointless waste of money.

My point is that if we seriously think Shankland is likely to score where we've previously been making a horlicks of it then the actual fee to sign him is to a large extent unimportant. 

That sounded (read) like something Stewart Weir from the podcast would say. Every time I read your posts, I will now hear his voice. 😆

6 minutes ago, weebluedevil said:

That sounded (read) like something Stewart Weir from the podcast would say. Every time I read your posts, I will now hear his voice. 😆

Who he?

Just now, weebluedevil said:

Gersnet Podcast, do you not listen to it? 

Nah, very seldom and not for many months. It's a great idea but I'm reluctant to spend an hour on a podcast. Maybe if it was a bit shorter I would listen more often but I think most people probably prefer it as it is. I'll need to check out this Stewart Weir now though 😁

35 minutes ago, Fa1833 said:

What do we think of this one ? 

Rangers interested in offering out of contract and out of favour Fenerbache striker Michy Batshuayi a deal. The Belgian isn't keen to sign a new deal in Turkey after only 11 appearances this season and is listening to offers from Rangers, Lille and Nottingham Forest

You need to link a source. 

20 minutes ago, Devil's advocaat said:

Where's it from, there's a shed load of dreadful Rangers 'outlets' on social media that post any old shite for clicks.

Agreed I’ll try get it think it was from Rangers news same as the Hagi goal, if I don’t find it I’ll take it down. 

Edited by Fa1833

5 minutes ago, Fa1833 said:

Agreed I’ll try get it think it was from Rangers news same as the Hagi goal, if I don’t find it I’ll take it down. 

Can’t find the source but it was from a Rangers news site I typed in and got the Hagi goal from. I’ve retracted the post can someone delete. 

17 minutes ago, Fa1833 said:

Can’t find the source but it was from a Rangers news site I typed in and got the Hagi goal from. I’ve retracted the post can someone delete. 

It sounded like an old link. That Hagi goal is old too, iirc.