The Winter 2023/24 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

2 hours ago, Fa1833 said:

gossip from BBC sport Michi Batschuayi 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/67932279 

The more this January drags on the more I’m starting to believe Shankland or someone who has played in the SPL is coming in. 

stats for him let’s hope not

⬇️

IMG_0880.png

Yeah, rather have no one on the books than someone who is either lazy, or dogshit.

Those two things tend to be close friends at the pro level. 

This one has lazy written all over him. 

Oh he is talented or else he wouldn't be bouncing to all of those top tier clubs.

But I don't have to know that guy to tell you he has the lead ass. 

Same with that Dennis clown we have been linked with.

16 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

We need to bring in players to help us win the league.  Loans are inevitable, particularly in January but we hear the same groans every year. 

I think some folk are still stuck in the 90s.

Not sure what you mean by 90s. Lots of folk moaning about paying circa 5M for a 28 year old Scotsman cos he's 'no sell on' value, but quite happy to spunk big wages on players that won't be here in 5 months.

January is a tough window, and loans are inevitable, but no one can be happy with our 3 main strikers being other clubs players. If they win us the league, I'll be a two faced bastard though, hey ho! 😄

Edited by Devil's advocaat

34 minutes ago, Malangsob said:

Yeah, rather have no one on the books than someone who is either lazy, or dogshit.

Those two things tend to be close friends at the pro level. 

This one has lazy written all over him. 

Oh he is talented or else he wouldn't be bouncing to all of those top tier clubs.

But I don't have to know that guy to tell you he has the lead ass. 

Same with that Dennis clown we have been linked with.

Players of that calibre are only after one thing and that’s profit 100%, let’s  recruit players of Djion and jacks talent  who actually want to play football,  rather than hopping from one team to another so they can build there portfolio of building house to rip off  those in need like big Richard’s is doing  ( Man City) what’s the word you use when you can take advantage from billionaires spare change ? In getting players for a fraction of the price? 

Edited by Fa1833

1 minute ago, Fa1833 said:

let’s  recruit players of Djion and jacks talent  who actually want to play football

What makes you think we offered these two players smaller sign-on fees and wages than other clubs?

4 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

What makes you think we offered these two players smaller sign-on fees and wages than other clubs?

Well whatever it is isn’t way near the amount of money we paid for Ramsey or Tillman to come in on loan and to be screwed with, but the fact is we got them on a free and a contract for so many years , wise investment id say ? I would rather pay fees for these guys than loan fees to other clubs if we know we are having them for so many years, the way Rangers are doing deals which is like that HouseBright company I used to remember as a kid my Dad would be buying or Renting a TV out for double its value only to be a crap Tv as in the next few years your going to need a new one anyway, time to invest in some quality players if we ain’t going to do that then we ain’t going to get any better start investing money properly or it’s straight back to getting sloppy seconds of other clubs fringe players. 

Edited by Fa1833

I don't think we got screwed with Tillman.  He helped us qualify for the CL and we may still get money when Bayern Munich sell him.

I think you're simplifying things a bit.  

3 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

I don't think we got screwed with Tillman.  He helped us qualify for the CL and we may still get money when Bayern Munich sell him.

I think you're simplifying things a bit.  

Not Tillman himself but the club that loaned him to us, I think it’s  time for us and that PSV guy to put Rangers and the club first rather than us going for sloppy seconds and cutting there wage bills on players that haven’t done much in terms for us. 🤜🏼♥️🤍💙

35 minutes ago, Fa1833 said:

Players of that calibre are only after one thing and that’s profit 100%, let’s  recruit players of Djion and jacks talent  who actually want to play football,  rather than hopping from one team to another so they can build there portfolio of building house to rip off  those in need like big Richard’s is doing  ( Man City)

Exactly....minus Jack's developmentally malnourished ligaments. 

We can see it a mile away with a lot of these players. The problem with guys like that is they don't give their all because they don't want to jeopardize that next hop...to the next higher salary...or league. Skaters....relying on just enough talent, and work to keep them marketable enough to glide on. 

The problem is, they get to Scotland,  get out on that pitch with the wind, and the rain and 'Hamish' coming at em sideways.  Shit gets real...real fast.

I do not envy Rangers recruiting.

A pauper's budget in a small, very tough league.

A Sisyphean task if there ever was one.  

38 minutes ago, Fa1833 said:

what’s the word you use when you can take advantage from billionaires spare change ? In getting players for a fraction of the price? 

Thrift seems appropriate...or fiscal guile :D