The Winter 2023/24 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

1 minute ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

Where are we getting 4.5 million to use on our recent midfield addition? And who said its 5 million for Shankland? The Daily Record? We need to bring a striker in the next 3/4 days. Like all purchases/transfers, there will be significant risk attached. Getting to know the league, country, city, language etc. Shankland is also risk but there are so many factors eliminated if you buy him IMO. 

Hearts finishing 3rd in league will guarantee them at least £5M. Selling Shankland will seriously dent their ability to finish 3rd as he is the only player scoring goals for them. 

Given that, why would they sell Shankland for any less than 5M?  They don't need to sell him, so just because you or anyone else wants them to, it ain't gonna happen or anything less than £4M 

2 minutes ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

That's disingenuous. Ridvan has been excellent in many games recently. Not just 1 game.

Haha - what recent games has been excellent in? 

8 minutes ago, CammyF said:

Haha - what recent games has been excellent in? 

I wouldn’t say excellent but I started noticing his contributions were more consistent probably the St Johnstone game few half decent crosses and hit and miss but recently he has found his place dare I say it in the team, I honestly thought it was a language barrier but it wasn’t as he clearly speaks good English, I think the Baldy one has genuinely asked the players what positions do you like to play how do you like to play what  styles how do you like the ball to be played to yourself etc and it’s coming together. Dessers kept on telling players where he wanted the ball and hopefully it’s coming together same with Ridvan. 🤜🏼♥️🤍💙

Edited by Fa1833

Just now, BlackSocksRedTops said:

Dumbarton last sunday.

Easter Rd on Wednesday.

3-1 victory against Kilmarnock (MOTM)

Parkhead defeat.

So 4 (questionalble) is MANY? 

He was good v Hibs, decent against Kilmarnock average in the rest. 

He (and Borna) need moved on and given we've been linked with around 4 or 5 LBs this window, looks like the manager thinks the same. 

2 minutes ago, Fa1833 said:

I wouldn’t say excellent but I started noticing his contributions were more consistent probably the St Johnstone game few half decent crosses and hit and miss but recently he has found his place dare I say it in the team, I honestly thought it was a language barrier but it wasn’t as he clearly speaks good English, I think the Baldy one has genuinely asked the players what positions do you like to play how do you like to play what  styles how do you like the ball to be played to yourself etc and it’s coming together. Dessers kept on telling players where he wanted the ball and hopefully it’s coming together same with Ridvan. 🤜🏼♥️🤍💙

The question to ask yourself is if Borna put in those same performances (and he has) would we be raving about him and saying he was worth £5m?

The answer is no. 

Edited by CammyF

5 minutes ago, CammyF said:

So 4 (questionalble) is MANY? 

He was good v Hibs, decent against Kilmarnock average in the rest. 

He (and Borna) need moved on and given we've been linked with around 4 or 5 LBs this window, looks like the manager thinks the same. 

"Average" is still miles better than what Barasic has been offering us. I just think Ridvan has the capacity to get better, making him even more sellable. He also signed a 5 year deal. 

Edited by BlackSocksRedTops

4 minutes ago, CammyF said:

The question to ask yourself is if 

Yes if we keep him but BB looks as if his time is up just purely on appearances,  yet again that might be a tactical move to show case Ridvans attributes and get a higher return  knowing he has a longer contract? that’s the question we need to be thinking also, time will tell 🤜🏼♥️🤍💙

Edited by Fa1833

Just now, BlackSocksRedTops said:

"Average" is still miles better than what Barasic has been offering us. I just think Ridvan has the capacity to get better, making him even more sellable. He also signed a 5 year deal. 

But it's not better than Borna offers though (miles or otherwise). If it was, how has he only managed 25 games for us since he signed?

Borna in my opinion is slightly better than Ridvan at the moment as he offers more going forward (his assists are decent for a LB).

Given Ridvans Rangers career thus far, he can't seem to play more than 5 or 6 consecutive games. 

We play over 50 games a season and need players who can play to a high standard for 40 odd games a season. 

Neither Borna nor Ridvan appear capable of that. 

3 minutes ago, CammyF said:

But it's not better than Borna offers though (miles or otherwise). If it was, how has he only managed 25 games for us since he signed?

Borna in my opinion is slightly better than Ridvan at the moment as he offers more going forward (his assists are decent for a LB).

Given Ridvans Rangers career thus far, he can't seem to play more than 5 or 6 consecutive games. 

We play over 50 games a season and need players who can play to a high standard for 40 odd games a season. 

Neither Borna nor Ridvan appear capable of that. 

Ridvan has had a few injuries but we've had managers who have just not given him a chance. Beale left him out of the Euro squad ffs. It's no surprise that he is showing good form because he's a getting a run of regular games.