The Winter 2023/24 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

32 minutes ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

Cifuentes to join rizaspor or some other similarly named jobber team in Turkey on loan with an option to buy. Good, be gone. Useless.

Rize is 40 miles East of Trabzon (Trebizon) on the Black Sea coast. Not too far from the Georgian border. Not exactly metropolitan. 

Rumour that his missus hated Glasgow, and has fucked off back to US or Ecuador. God knows what she will think of provincial Turkey, if she makes the trip. 

Was he really that bad?

7 minutes ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

I get the player trading model ideology but we need to win league titles. Not every purchase can fit the model. We need a striker to enable us to win the league. Shankland will score goals for us. It's a no brainer.

So where are we magically getting the required £5M from? 

I don't think anyone has denied that he'd score goals for us. But so would Miovski who would cost the same, has better potential so why not the same clamour for him?

Edited by CammyF

4 minutes ago, Uilleam said:

Rize is 40 miles East of Trabzon (Trebizon) on the Black Sea coast. Not too far from the Georgian border. Not exactly metropolitan. 

Rumour that his missus hated Glasgow, and has fucked off back to US or Ecuador. God knows what she will think of provincial Turkey, if she makes the trip. 

Was he really that bad?

The answer is no, but another one written off before he even kicked a ball for us. 

Hopefully goes on loan and either comes back an improved player or gets moved on. Either works for me. 

Just now, Uilleam said:

That's my feeling. 

We're great at it. 

Look at Dessers - ripped apart on here, booed at Ibrox, now he's banging goals in and looking a decent player. 

Dessers arrived coming back from an injury, took a little time to get back to 100% fitness but now looks a player who'll score goals for us.

6 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

He played several times and looked well off it.  

So did Ridvan for that vast najority of his Rangers career but now we can't sell him as he's played 1 decent game

So did Dessers at the start of the season. Now turned it around and only player we have who looks like scoring on a consistent basis (given Sima and Danilo are out and Silva is just finding his feet). 

Edited by CammyF

13 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

Clement doesn't fancy Cifuentes, that much is obvious.

Ridvan has always been a bundle of energy and good at getting forward.

No he hasn't, he's struggled since the moment he signed. He has either been injured, unavailable (for whatever reason) and unable to break into the team under 3 managers. 

He only plays when Borna is unavailable.

Can anyone tell me what is his longest run of games for us? 4 or 5 in a row? 

If Clement doesn't fancy Cifuentes them fine, same with any of our players. If Clement wants them moved on, then move them on. 

27 minutes ago, CammyF said:

he's struggled since the moment he signed.

Very different scenario from the Cifu one.

You seem to have a downer on Ridvan, whereas I think he's got something to offer.  Just shows opinions differ.