Sakala interview

Even more mental when you consider Fashion was probably our most consistent performer along with Todd from when Beale came in to pre season.

I'll always have time for Fashion, at least with him he worked his bollocks off when wearing the shirt - his shots were wayward at times and he chased his touch a fair bit but he contributed regularly and gave his all.

There's been plenty of chancers and shitebags over the last decade who've played for our club, Fashion isn't one of them.

Best of luck to the man.

11 minutes ago, yuddie said:

Also, mind people told me that Fashion wasn't chased out of the club...

I think it was fine to cast Kamara out and let him sort himself out a move. He didnt want to be here. No problem with that.

But dont think its how you treat a player that isnt agitating for a move, if the move breaks down and there is no other suitors then you have a player that will never trust you.. See Scott Wright in Beale's last game for an example of how that can pan out..

I don't doubt for a minute that Sakala is offering the truth here. It says everything about the inadequacies of Beale's leadership and probably most other football managers too. Releasing a player isn't just about getting rid of someone, it's an opportunity to send a message to those left behind. Beale got exactly what he deserved, he just didn't get it soon enough.